Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - So the short-ish version of my situation is that I've recently returned to the US after living in the UK for about 8 years with my UK born wife.

While I was in the UK I had an accountant complete and file all of my US taxes because I needed to back file for a few years and I wanted to make sure it was done correctly as I was in the middle applying for my wife's IR-1 visa.

At this point, we own a home in the UK, which is currently being rented out to cover our mortgage and I also have a sole-trader company, which I used for some freelance work on the side of my regular job. We're living in New York and were both working for a few months at the end of 2017 in the US and both working for the majority of the year in the UK.

Ideally, I'd like to complete my taxes without hiring an accountant as it's a little expensive but if it has to be done, it has to be done.

If any one has had a similar experience or could recommend a service, I'd greatly appreciate it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts