Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I am applying for a Subclass 457 - Business (Long Stay) visa and have received a 'Request for Further Information'. I have specifically been asked for the following:

For Myself:
[ ] Passport personal particulars/photo (bio-data) page
[ ] Evidence of relationship with your partner
[ ] Evidence of overseas qualifications
[ ] Evidence of work experience
[ ] Curriculum Vitae or résumé
[ ] Proof of Health Insurance

My Partner:

My Son:
[ ] Full birth certificate

I am a little surprised I have not yet been asked for my meds. Does this come later in the process? If so is it worth me organising them now anyway? (For further information I am going to be working for an IT Consultancy, my partner is the manager of a travel agents but will be looking for work on our arrival and my son is 16 months old.)

Cheers

J

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Guys

I am applying for a Subclass 457 - Business (Long Stay) visa and have received a 'Request for Further Information'. I have specifically been asked for the following:

For Myself:
[ ] Evidence of relationship with your partner
[ ] Evidence of overseas qualifications
[ ] Evidence of work experience
[ ] Curriculum Vitae or résumé

My Partner:

My Son:
[ ] Full birth certificate

I am a little surprised I have not yet been asked for my meds. Does this come later in the process? If so is it worth me organising them now anyway? (For further information I am going to be working for an IT Consultancy, my partner is the manager of a travel agents but will be looking for work on our arrival and my son is 16 months old.)

Cheers

J
We used an agent and they told us when to get the medicals. We also had to submit all the same info as in your list before the meds. I would check out where the closest approved Dr is and find out from him/her how long it will take you to get in for an appointment. If it's quick, I would wait until they ask for it. If it's going to take a couple of weeks to get an appt, you might want to do it ahead of time. There is a lot of paperwork for the med form and you'll need to have photos to accompany the forms. I didn't know about the photo requirement and we had to run out to Walgreens to get 1 hr passport photos....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi J,

We had to provide all these documents as well and actually had the meds done as they are valid for 1 yr. As soon as the meds are done by the panel Dr you would then submit them. The meds side need to pass sucessfully before the CO looks into the rest. Have you been assigned a CO yet, if you have your agent would really be telling you what they need etc and how quickly. I know there was someone on this forum who was on the 457 visa and didn't need to provide meds for the children or something. Can't remember what it was exactly but they applied online without an agent. You should be able to use the search button to look into this as well. Best of luck

xx Satty:love:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just as an update me, my partner and my son were all granted our Visa's yesterday. We did not have to provide meds or x-rays, although I did have to prove that I had medical cover for my arrival.

I got my first email from my case officer on 21/02/2010 and had the Visa granted on 02/02/2010 so can't grumble.

We are heading to Melbourne in March 2010!

J

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just as an update me, my partner and my son were all granted our Visa's yesterday. We did not have to provide meds or x-rays, although I did have to prove that I had medical cover for my arrival.

I got my first email from my case officer on 21/02/2010 and had the Visa granted on 02/02/2010 so can't grumble.
We are heading to Melbourne in March 2010!

J

can't grumble indeed, your case officer contacted you from the future:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts