Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help to select the correct ANZSCO Code. I belong in some of these 3 codes.

261312 - Developer Programmer

261399 - Software and Application Programmer

261313 - Software Engineer

I am a software engineer/web developer, my education is Bachelor of Software Engineering and my work experience is as a Software developer on a Billing system and web developer working in PHP, Python, Ruby building e-Commerce, social media network, online education system and medical web applications.
I have two Employment Reference letters that have a job title Software Engineer and a third one that is Junior Developer.

All these 3 ANZSCO roles have very similar job responsibilities and it’s very difficult to choose one, but I am leaning towards 261399 - Software and Application Programmer.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I need help to select the correct ANZSCO Code. I belong in some of these 3 codes.

261312 - Developer Programmer

261399 - Software and Application Programmer

261313 - Software Engineer

I am a software engineer/web developer, my education is Bachelor of Software Engineering and my work experience is as a Software developer on a Billing system and web developer working in PHP, Python, Ruby building e-Commerce, social media network, online education system and medical web applications.
I have two Employment Reference letters that have a job title Software Engineer and a third one that is Junior Developer.

All these 3 ANZSCO roles have very similar job responsibilities and it’s very difficult to choose one, but I am leaning towards 261399 - Software and Application Programmer.
Yes these tend to be similar. SOmetimes people gets assessed for multiple codes as well but RnR plays imp role.

Also, keep in mind the quota limit and your points for ANZ code you choose.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer.

So I can select multiple codes to be assessed? I am worried that if I don't select the right one they might not give me points for my work experience (I have 5 years work experience as a software engineer, so I really need those points)

I am looking to get around 60-65 points total if they give me 5 points for my work experience, so I might need to go with the 190 visa if I don't have enough points for 189.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks for your answer.

So I can select multiple codes to be assessed? I am worried that if I don't select the right one they might not give me points for my work experience (I have 5 years work experience as a software engineer, so I really need those points)

I am looking to get around 60-65 points total if they give me 5 points for my work experience, so I might need to go with the 190 visa if I don't have enough points for 189.
Not sure if 1 assessment allows you to select more than 1 code. There are cases where ACS CO comes back suggesting for more suitable ANZ code. So you make sure your RnR is close to ANZ code which you choose.

60 points have very less chance for any of the above ANZ codes you mentioned in 189.
with 65 points you can expect but that too will have wait (if quota is not finished).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then I guess I need to start practicing English to get a better score. :)

How is my chance for 190 with 60-65 points?

I have another question about Skills Assessment, it's related to the document certification, can I use a local Macedonian notary to certify my documents or I need to use some specific ones to make sure ACS accepts my documents?
The notaries in my country use stamps in Macedonian (Cyrillic), is that an issue?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Then I guess I need to start practicing English to get a better score. :)

How is my chance for 190 with 60-65 points?

I have another question about Skills Assessment, it's related to the document certification, can I use a local Macedonian notary to certify my documents or I need to use some specific ones to make sure ACS accepts my documents?
The notaries in my country use stamps in Macedonian (Cyrillic), is that an issue?
Any valid genuine notary is OK. The docs should carry notary stamp in clear mentioning his/her details along with Attested and True copy of original stamp.

190 invite depends on the demand of your occupation.

Try PTE for 79+ score in all modules.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any valid genuine notary is OK. The docs should carry notary stamp in clear mentioning his/her details along with Attested and True copy of original stamp.

The thing is that the notary stamps are in Macedonian, so it will not say Attested or True copy, but it will say something else in Macedonian.
I can take the document for translation and they can also translate the stamp's text.
Does ACS need notary or translator's company letterhead or not?

190 invite depends on the demand of your occupation.

Try PTE for 79+ score in all modules.

Yes, I already booked PTE for next month and start to prepare now.
Thanks a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.