Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Please help me out. I got married last year but my wife has not wanted to migrate to Australia since she is the only daughter in the family. Now I got the invitation for visa 190 through NSW. My current relationship status on EOI is married. I talked to my wife but she still does not want to come with me. We decide to divorce. My question is that what happens if the divorced certificate comes after I lodge the application??? Should I inform the DIBP about our decision? How can I change the relationship status?

Regards,
Lee

·
Registered
936 Posts
once you receive your invitation you cannot change your EOI, that should have been changed ASAP situation changed. with the given circumstance, lodge visa application as separated and start preparing documents. CO will ask for legal proof of separation and you have to show some sort of legal paper for that, if you do not get 'divorce decree' immediately (which is unlikely).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

I am in same situation where i am struggling to get through my contested divorce which hanging from last 3-4 years now. As you all are aware of the indian courts , how slow they are.

My issues are related to marital status in passport renew and then later in form 80 and 1221.

I got the passport when i was unmarried with the old address
now when i have changed address , i am being adviced by my agent that my passport should reflect the latest address else police verfircation would be a real mess later. agreed .

Now is the issue is :
I cannot write Married as my marital status because i dont have marriage certificate with me and getting the duplicate copy is a way not possible ( office in a region where husband lives and very far from my place , language constraints and i had mentioned in my divorce petition that i have threats to life so cannot really travel to hubby hometown to get it :( )
Now when i dont have marriage certifcate and divorce is ongoing , i would have to go for option "SEPARATED" . am i correct ?

2) If i also mention separated in form 80 and 1221 then , would my contested divorce grounds ( of course curelity and dessertion ) would create an issues for process?

I am very confused when it comes to passport re-new and then what would happen if CO rejects the application.

One more thing i would like to highlight here to the experts that , my spouse filed a divorce petition on the similar grounds 4 years back and left to UK and then i took me 2 years to get that petition dismissed because he was not appearing in the court. So i had one petition where he put alligations on me but it was dismissed. after this since there were no signs of mutual one , i had to file petition in court with aligation on him and the same is pending in court right now. So will the dismissed petition create any issues for process ?

Thanks in advance.

Would need a urgent reply as i am running short of time for passport renew.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts