Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Can anyone help?

First of all, hubby and I already have our cartes de sejour. But we bought a house and moved, and had to change our address with them. Our application for changing the address was sent back, missing three things, all of which are a bit awkward for us.

1. un justificatif de domicile -- we sent one, but only one in my husband's name. They want another one for me -- does this mean it has to be in my name? All of our bills are in my husband's name. Other than gas bills, etc., what can be legit proof (that might have my name on it?)

2. un justicatif d'une couverture sociale le couvrant en France et indiquant l'adresse en France -- what is this? We have house and car insurance in France, but everything else including health insurance is through my husband's place of work in Switerland.

3. justicatif de ressources -- does this mean something proving that one of us is gainfully employed, i.e. an attestation from hubby's employer? If so, no problem....

Thank you very much for any advice or help. Unfortunately, we live 2 hours from the prefecture, so a stop by is not reasonable. Talking to them by telephone might be possible, but has been most difficult in the past, as no one ever seems to answer the phone.

Thanks again!

·
Administrator
53,146 Posts
OK, all pretty standard.

1. If the house is in both your names, you should probably put the utility bills as "M et Mme" whatever. That's usually satisfactory (even if you don't use your husband's family name). You could use any closing document from the house purchase if it's recorded as "M et Mme." Or submit some sort of proof of your marriage - marriage license, etc.

2. They're looking for proof that you are covered under French social insurance statuts. Does your husband's payslip indicate that French cotisations (social insurances) are being withheld? If so, that should do, otherwise, combine 2 and 3 with some sort of statement from his employer that he is employed and having French social insurances taken from his pay.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very very much, once again!

By the way, I've heard a lot of people complain about bureaucracy in France, but nothing seemed much worse than other countries I've lived in, until now! The amount of documents/photos/headaches needed just to change your address with immigration is completely insane. That is all. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.