Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've going through the APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A) with my wife, she is a US citizen. But I need clarification.

A description of my situation:

1. I am bringing wife and step child to UK
  2. I have the required money in my account to pay for the visa and healthcare charge so I will be filling out VAF 4A and the APPENDIX, paying for it, then sending her all the printouts for her Biometric appointment.
  3. My lowest annual SALARY in the last 6 months is equivalent to £15,000 gross PA (currently acually £15,600) I also earn overtime and bonus so my actual gross annual INCOME over last six months is equivalent to £18636.30.
  4. Minimum cash savings needed are £25409.25. To combine Cat A + D

When we went through the APPENDIX 2 (VAF 4A) and I came across a few points I don't get:

(3.11 What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax?)

I believe I am salaried (It's a full time perm job with minimum hours and a yearly salary. However I do get deducted pay if I miss work)
So my answer to this would be £15,000, my lowest base rate salary within the last six months(before tax)?
Or do I put my current salary of £15,600?
Or do I put my average income calculated from the last sixth months(using my lowest salary of £15,000 plus my overtime and bonus added on top) of £18636.30?

Part 3F Cash savings
3.74 What option are you relying on?

h) Amount in account at the date of application?

If I have, say, £35,000 in savings but I am going to use £5,000 of this money to pay for the visa applications and healthcare charge for two people. Do I put £35,000 in the box or should I deduct what will be debited from my account and so, for example, put £30,000? (these figures are just for example sake)

3.76 What is the total cash savings you/your sponsor hold?

Again same question as the previous one, what do I put here?

Thanks for your help, people!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello, and good luck!

First of all let me say I am just a person who's recently been through this process and I am not an expert and can only speak from personal experience, so take this all with a grain of salt.

Q1. My husband is paid in the same way and also receives overtime pay. We put the total amount he was paid including overtime before tax.

Q2. I believe you put the amount which is on your most recent bank statement that you are sending in your application, so you would put the amount before you pay the visa fees.

Q3. Yes, provided you are not including savings from another account or your wife's savings. (I think.)

Hope this is correct and helpful, and again, good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, and good luck!

First of all let me say I am just a person who's recently been through this process and I am not an expert and can only speak from personal experience, so take this all with a grain of salt.

Q1. My husband is paid in the same way and also receives overtime pay. We put the total amount he was paid including overtime before tax.

Q2. I believe you put the amount which is on your most recent bank statement that you are sending in your application, so you would put the amount before you pay the visa fees.

Q3. Yes, provided you are not including savings from another account or your wife's savings. (I think.)

Hope this is correct and helpful, and again, good luck!

Hey Plumvfox, thanks. Was your application successful btw?

·
Super Moderator
18,015 Posts
You are salaried if you make the same amount each pay period regardless of how many hours you work. In that case you take the lowest payslip and multiple by 12. If your pay varies you are unsalaried so you add up your last 6 payslips, divide by 6 and multiple by 12. If you were paid a bonus in the last 6 months you add that up, divide by 6 and multiple by 12 and add that to your employment income.

For your savings you put the exact amount that you are relying upon to meet the requirement.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are salaried if you make the same amount each pay period regardless of how many hours you work. In that case you take the lowest payslip and multiple by 13. If your pay varies you are unsalaried so you add up your last 6 payslips, divide by 6 and multiple by 12. If you were paid a bonus in the last 6 months you add that up, divide by 6 and multiple by 12 and add that to your employment income.

Hey, nyclon,

This has me confused, I have had people tell me different things regarding salaried vs non-salaried. "I have a contract thats says my normal working hours will be 40 hours per week. Permanant full time work. Pay is £15,600 gross per annum. monthly pay will be reduced if contractual hours are not met."

So you are saying this is non-salaried?
If I put down the wrong calculation under 3.11 will it be cause for the visa to be denied?
The thing is I had a pay rise during the 6 months so if I calculate using salaried + overtime and bonus vs non-salaried + overtime and bonus there is about a £400 difference in the calculation.

For your savings you put the exact amount that you are relying upon to meet the requirement.
So If I have £30,000 in my account but I need only £25,000; I should only enter £25,000?

Again there would be a difference of about £100 in savings needed depending on my calculation (salaried vs non-salaried). Therefore should I put an amount which exceeds the actual amount relied upon in either case?

·
Registered
39,035 Posts
You are in salaried employment plus extras in terms of bonuses and overtime. So do two calculations, one for your salaried pay (lowest pay in the last 6 months times 12) and average extras over 6 months, divided by 6 and multiplied by 12 and add the two figures together. Put that total in 3.11, and use it to work out how much savings you need. The fact you have more than enough doesn't matter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Joppa and Nyclon. I get that part now.

Two other parts im not 100%:

2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK?

My wife wants to continue her self employment work when she is settled in. She doesn't have any solid plans just the idea that she wants to continue when she is ready. So do I explain that in this section? or is this only for existing job offers and such?

1.25 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial
responsibilities?

I send her regular money each month for rent and she sends me money now and again when needed (this is logged on paypal and western union) . Should we write that here or is this section only for things like joint utility bills and mortgages etc?

·
Super Moderator
18,015 Posts
Thanks, Joppa and Nyclon. I get that part now.

Two other parts im not 100%:

2.8 Do you intend to work in the UK?

My wife wants to continue her self employment work when she is settled in. She doesn't have any solid plans just the idea that she wants to continue when she is ready. So do I explain that in this section? or is this only for existing job offers and such?
It's a yes or no question. If yes, answer yes no need to explain.

1.25 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial
responsibilities?

I send her regular money each month for rent and she sends me money now and again when needed (this is logged on paypal and western union) . Should we write that here or is this section only for things like joint utility bills and mortgages etc?
Answer no.

·
Registered
52 Posts
As far as your salary is concerned, our situation was almost exactly the same as yours. Even the confusion on salary vs. non salary. My fiance had a pay rise, made overtime and bonuses. He didn't qualify on his salary alone, we needed the overtime and bonuses.

Someone gave me bad advice at the last minute and I about had a heart attack because I thought I knew what I was doing.

I came back here and Joppa straightened me out. Same info as given to you.

My visa was approved using these exact calculations.

Just wanted to give you some moral support and maybe my visa approval will give you some confidence!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as your salary is concerned, our situation was almost exactly the same as yours. Even the confusion on salary vs. non salary. My fiance had a pay rise, made overtime and bonuses. He didn't qualify on his salary alone, we needed the overtime and bonuses.

Someone gave me bad advice at the last minute and I about had a heart attack because I thought I knew what I was doing.

I came back here and Joppa straightened me out. Same info as given to you.

My visa was approved using these exact calculations.

Just wanted to give you some moral support and maybe my visa approval will give you some confidence!
Hey thanks nctami72, I appreciate the support. Nice to know others are going through the same worries as me too!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Joppa and nyclon,

Thanks for your help with all this, but I just need some clarification on this point:

Part 3F Cash savings
3.74 What option are you relying on?
h) Amount in account at the date of application?

3.76 What is the total cash savings you/your sponsor hold?

Why do they ask the same question twice?

From what you guys have told me; I should not enter the actual amount in my savings account but instead calculate exactly how much I need to meet the requirement (based on my salary) and enter that figure for BOTH questions?

At the date of application I will acutally have about £10,000 more than I need to meet the requirement(based on my salary). So it's confusing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello
Sorry to jump on this.

I am in the same situation as being classed as salaried by my employer, but receiving variable wage. Please can someone help me with the calculations. Below is my pay for the past 6 months:

Payday: 13/10/2017
Gross Amount: £1434.52

Payday: 10/11/2017
Gross Amount: £1304.11

Payday: 08/12/2017
Gross Amount: £1469.29

Payday: 05/01/2018
Gross Amount: £1442.57

Payday: 02/02/2018
Gross Amount: £1445.08

Payday: 23/02/2018
Gross Amount: £211.55 (BONUS PAYMENT)

Payday: 02/03/2018
Gross Amount: £1433.25

Payday: 29/03/2017
Gross Amount: 1300.34

I am paid 4 weekly, so will be using 7 payslips, my 8th payslip is a bonus I received in Feb. Please can someone check my calculation is correct:

Adding all my 8 payslips including my bonus, gross amount = £10,038 divided by 28 weeks gives me a weekly income of £358.50. x 52 weeks = £18642 income per year. Please can you help with this. Nyclon, Clever octopus & Joppa

Thank you

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hello
Sorry to jump on this.

I am in the same situation as being classed as salaried by my employer, but receiving variable wage. Please can someone help me with the calculations. Below is my pay for the past 6 months:

Payday: 13/10/2017
Gross Amount: £1434.52

Payday: 10/11/2017
Gross Amount: £1304.11

Payday: 08/12/2017
Gross Amount: £1469.29

Payday: 05/01/2018
Gross Amount: £1442.57

Payday: 02/02/2018
Gross Amount: £1445.08

Payday: 23/02/2018
Gross Amount: £211.55 (BONUS PAYMENT)

Payday: 02/03/2018
Gross Amount: £1433.25

Payday: 29/03/2017
Gross Amount: 1300.34

I am paid 4 weekly, so will be using 7 payslips, my 8th payslip is a bonus I received in Feb. Please can someone check my calculation is correct:

Adding all my 8 payslips including my bonus, gross amount = £10,038 divided by 28 weeks gives me a weekly income of £358.50. x 52 weeks = £18642 income per year. Please can you help with this. Nyclon, Clever octopus & Joppa

Thank you
Just to add, The above gross income includes, overtime, doubletime, salary adjustments and the bonus.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.