Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

We are looking for advice on the application process for the UK Ancestry Visa (we are from New Zealand). James is eligble for the Ancestry Visa as he has a British Grandfather. His sister has previously used this Visa and had no trouble. Our problem is that we want to apply for myself to get the 5-year Ancestry Visa as well. Can both applications be completed at the same time? Have any Kiwi's out there been successful in this process and could offer us some advice?

- We have been together for 7 years, but are not married.
- We have been living together for 3 years
- We don't have any joint bank accounts, and our names aren't both on our current (or previous) tenancy agreements.

- We can provide history of utility bills and tax statements etc to the same address.
- Bank statements also show rent payments evidencing co-habitation.
- Plenty of photos/emails/holidays together plus letters from grandparents mentioning us both

I understand we need to demonstrate that James can support me financially as part of the process. We are planning on travelling for 3-4 months before we arrive in the UK and will arrive without employment. Is evidence of savings enough to cover this support requirement?

Any information to help us would be appreciated,

Thanks
Jane
:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Jane,

Unfortunately i'm unable to help with your situation as I am in the same one! Exactly the same scenario basically and was wondering whether you got any further with getting the visa for yourself through your partners ancestry rights?

Any info would be wonderful!

Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.