Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My husband and I are planning on applying for a spouse visa to the UK (most precisely Scotland) next year, but we have a question:

- He's been living in Brazil for a few years, and will now return to his home country with me. He still doesn't have a house, and he plans on buying one as soon as he's back. We were thinking about renting a flat for a couple months while searching for a house, but the visa rules state that the leasing contract needs to be a minimum of six months.

Is there any way we could apply for the visa based on that short-term contract, showing that we have the money to afford a place in case we don't find a house?

We could also live with his parents for a couple months, but it is really far away from the city centre, with no public transport around and we would rather not have to do so.

Has anyone ever been through this and can help us?

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
You could use his parents' address for the visa application (as long as you legitimately have permission to stay there - They just want to know that you're not going to be forced to live in dire conditions), and still find a flat elsewhere?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could use his parents' address for the visa application (as long as you legitimately have permission to stay there - They just want to know that you're not going to be forced to live in dire conditions), and still find a flat elsewhere?
Thank you for your reply!
We thought about this, but were afraid that if we put an adress on the application but proceed to live somewhere else, that would be some sort of violation...

Have you ever heard of anyone who has done something similar?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.