Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Tier 2 General Visa application was rejected due to not obtaining the maintenance points (it was my understanding I did not have to have bank statements as my sponsor is a A-rated sponsor - turns out they also have to tick the maintenance box on the CoS - two different words were used "benefits" and "maintenance" which confused my sponsor and I).

Anyway I now have to reapply with the bank statements so my questions are:

A) Can the bank funds be from 2 seperate banks (Australian and UK) as long as they are both in my name?

B) Does the bank balance need to equal 945pound every single day day for 90 days? For ex. Out of the 90 days there are 5 days where I have fallen just short so will the inspectors check every single day?

C) My CoS expires May 17 and I may not be able to have my new visa approved and returned until after then (pending question B). Am I required to have arrived back in the UK before the expiration of my CoS or once the visa is approved then the CoS doesn't matter?

D) Does anyone have a phone number that I could call from Austalia to talk to someone regarding the original refusal of my visa? I managed to call someone and even he agreed it is a grey area but said that he was not legally trained to give me guidance on it - this number was the one I received from the UK Visa and Immigration office!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou so much.

·
Registered
39,244 Posts
#A Yes.
#B Yes.
#C CoS must be valid when you apply.
#D Not really. Paid professional advisor is your only hope. You can post details here but most of us aren't experienced enough with the PBS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Joppa. One more question do you know how the exchange rate is worked out? Does UK visa use the average currency exchange as what it is for the day you apply or is it a set amount they use all the time?
I have 1 day of the 90days that is over and under 945pound depending on the exchange rate so a bit nervous if I might be rejected due to this factor.
Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.