Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am a British citizen living in qatar with my Jordanian husband... I am travelling to UK on 29th may to spend time with my family before my brothers wedding in July ... my husband is coming to join me on 1st July.
My husband is to flyin to belfast airport but on our return to Qatar we both wish to travel together from dublin airport as it is quite a bit cheaper. Applying for the visit visa for uk for my husband is pretty straight forward but we don't know what kind of visa he need's for dublin . He will only be in Ireland for 5 hrs max (driving from the north then the wait in the airport ). Can anyone advise me on which visa he needs (if any) and where he can apply in qatar. There is no irish embassy in qatar for us to get info..
please someone help..

Thank you

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I've moved your post to the Britain page because the moderators and regular posters on here are first class when it comes to visa knowledge

Jo xxx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. .
so is it just a normal visit visa he need's for Ireland even tho he will only be there for 5 hrs? Would a transit visa not be enough? Or does it only apply if he isn't leaving the airport? Also applyin in the office in Abu Dhabi, I presume it's all done online and he doesnt need to make an appointment to submit his passport etc?

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
He needs a normal visit visa, even for 5 hours. Transit visa is only for changing flights within airport. He applies online but has to present himself at Abu Dhabi office for biometrics and submission of his passport and other supporting documents. Details on the link I've given.

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
Yes, I think so. The hassle of getting an Irish visa and the cost of getting to Dublin probably outweigh any savings you make. Pity Qataris can enter Ireland just with UK visa. Perhaps there aren't many Jordanian tourists to entice with visa concessions!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.