Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm planning to immigrate to Australia in the future, and in order to do that I'm planning on gettin an Certified III on glazing in the holmesglen university, this certified will give me the Glazier title and since it is from an Australian university I don't belive I will have any problems with skill assesment. So my real doubt is, what are the chances of a just graduated Glazier being nominate by a state sponsorship in order to get the Visa 190? Thank you.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You need to ensure the occupation is on the state migration list and that you meet any additional requirements the state may set. If you can tick those boxes, and if you have a positive skills assessment and can provide evidence of at least 55 points (plus additional 5 for state sponsorship), you have a good likelihood of being selected for invitation.

·
Registered
191 Posts
In my opinion, all trade occupations now are difficult to migrate to Australia because u can't get enough 60 points if you don't have experience. TRA is an assessment authority, they require 3 years experience to get positive full skill assessment while 485 graduated visa only allow you to stay up to 2 years. The safe way for trade occupations is subclass 457 which is sponsored by employers but it depends on your luck

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But I will get my certified from an Australian university, that doesn't make the assesment way easier?

·
Registered
191 Posts
But I will get my certified from an Australian university, that doesn't make the assesment way easier?
No, don't think like that, read this

To be eligible for a successful TRA Migration Skills Assessment outcome you must provide evidence of:
a qualification comparable to the relevant Australian qualification for the nominated occupation, and
three years of full-time paid employment in the nominated occupation at the required skill level, and
at least 12 months of paid employment in the nominated occupation in the three years immediately before applying.

Eligibility

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But in the site says that I will do a series of tests at the end of the course to get my assesment and what if reach the 60 points without using the points from experience?

"Assessment may be a combination of written and online assignments, tests, examinations and practical application projects."

·
Registered
191 Posts
But in the site says that I will do a series of tests at the end of the course to get my assesment and what if reach the 60 points without using the points from experience?

"Assessment may be a combination of written and online assignments, tests, examinations and practical application projects."
What site did you read? Do read the link of skill assessment i posted above. The "Assessment may be a combination of written and online assignments, tests, examinations and practical application projects." is for school only and you have to meet that requirement to graduate that degree, not for occupation skill assessment. I'm talking about the occupation skill assessment, not about school assessment. If you don't have at least 3 years experience, you cannot get positive skill assessment from TRA so you cannot lodge the visa even you have 100 points.

You need to read this link, not the school website

1 - 9 of 9 Posts