Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am a british citizen moving back to the UK with my husband - I have to prove I have enough funds to support him - which luckily for us we have

BUT the big problem is it's such a huge amount of money to move from an investment account to a savings account (I know I've asked before and everyone suggested moving it to the savings account) but my financial advisor seriously does not recommend putting my money into a savings account - he suggested the FNB Money Market Invest account

Here is a link:
https://www.fnb.co.za/invest/money-market-investor.html

I can draw the money out immediately with no restrictions - can I use this account?

Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
These are the requirements according to Annex FM 1.7:

7.2.3. The following table illustrates all the requirements that must be met:

Summary of all the requirements that must be met for funds to be considered
as cash savings held in a deposit or investment account

1 The account is held within a bank or building society
2 The bank/building society is a financial institution regulated by the appropriate regulatory body for the country in which that institution is operating
3 The bank/building society is not on the list of excluded institutions under the Immigration Rules
4 The account is a current account or a savings account
5 Regular bank statements are provided
6 The statements cover the necessary time period required in the Immigration Rules
7 The savings are held in cash
8 The savings can be immediately withdrawn (with or without penalty)
9 The funds are under the control of the person and/or their partner for the necessary time period required in the Immigration Rules

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
While the said account may meet the requirements, since you only need to move the money into a cash account shortly before application (not 6 months before), it's safer just to move into a cash savings account with instant access which leaves no room for doubt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.