Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, some months ago i made a topic about some places to live and some advices, now the time is closer, i will move to London in the next 3 - 4 months.

So i want some help/information about how to do this.

So have some money to start there, i want or i would like to rent an house, not a big house even a studio for start is good. My plan is go to London rent a place for the first months and when i think i am ready to look for something better then do the search.

So the help i need is about the way to do this. To rent a house probably i will need a job, to get a job i will need a Bank Account and an Insurance Number.

My priority now, and because i still have some time is to try to make a Bank Account and take the Insurance Number.

For the Bank account i would like to ask what the best Banks for me, because i have no job and no Uk address.

For the Insurance Number i know if i get a job i will have a temporary one and then its easier to make it. But can i make this Insurance Number now? Is anything i can do to get this before i get to work?

Well this are my first questions as soon as i get some help for this i will pass to the next ones.

Btw i am Portuguese and i will move from Portugal to UK - London.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You need to be resident in the UK to open a bank account, and you need to have proof of your address. None of what you mention is terribly doable until you have arrived.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.