Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I have a bit of a problem here and I need your opinion about my situation.

I am a british citizen otherwise (used to be phillipine citizen) via naturalisation since october 2011.

My wife who is from the Philippines and I is expecting a baby this coming September and I would like to know when would be the best time to apply for my wife's spouse visa? Would it be before or after giving birth?

Should I also add my son as a dependant on my wife's visa application? or should I just apply for my sons visa straight here in the UK since I am eligible to pass my citizenship to my son since I am british otherwise?

Thank you

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Where is your wife now? If she is still in the Philippines, it's too late for her to travel before birth so the birth is likely to be in the Philippines, and your new-born will be British by descent automatically. She can then apply for a visa to join you in UK. Being British your child doesn't need a visa - just British passport.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir.

I would like to ask another question just to clarify..

I have been working on my job for nearly a year now, at first I was a bank staff from aug 29 2016 - January 2016 then when I found out my wife was pregnant I decided to work as a permanent staff contracted for 42 hours until june one of my colleague decide to decrease her hours and the manager decided to increase my contracted hours from 42-48 and I agreed.

These are my salaries each month for 6 months:

MARCH: £2019 ( includes overtime)
APRIL: £2203 ( includes overtimes )
MAY: £1285 ( Holiday got married )
JUNE: £1927 ( includes overtime )
JULY: £2203 ( includes overtime )
AUG: £2340 ( Includes overtime)

would I be able to meet category A as a non salaried person? How would the calculation be done? Because I have red that ECO takes the lowest monthly income to decide the financial requirement as you can see my lowest income is £1285 and I am quite worried because I have also red that I need to have atleast £1550 every month which had me worried.

Another question I received a P60 but it shows that my annual income 2016-2017 is way below the financial requirement, should I include my P60 in the application?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hello there....regarding your P60 I have also asked the same question before and it says the P60 is just an additional evidence that is not necessary needed to include, as the ECO will use your pay slip and bank statement to clarify whether you meet the financial requirements or not, they won't use your P60 alone to decide.

And just to add unfortunately they will use your lowest payment to calculate the 18,600 requirement so you will have to earn over 1550 from June to December. Just not t sure about the category.

Good luck

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes sir.

I would like to ask another question just to clarify..

I have been working on my job for nearly a year now, at first I was a bank staff from aug 29 2016 - January 2016 then when I found out my wife was pregnant I decided to work as a permanent staff contracted for 42 hours until june one of my colleague decide to decrease her hours and the manager decided to increase my contracted hours from 42-48 and I agreed.

These are my salaries each month for 6 months:

MARCH: £2019 ( includes overtime)
APRIL: £2203 ( includes overtimes )
MAY: £1285 ( Holiday got married )
JUNE: £1927 ( includes overtime )
JULY: £2203 ( includes overtime )
AUG: £2340 ( Includes overtime)

would I be able to meet category A as a non salaried person? How would the calculation be done? Because I have red that ECO takes the lowest monthly income to decide the financial requirement as you can see my lowest income is £1285 and I am quite worried because I have also red that I need to have atleast £1550 every month which had me worried.

Another question I received a P60 but it shows that my annual income 2016-2017 is way below the financial requirement, should I include my P60 in the application?
I've already answered this question in another one of your threads.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hello there....regarding your P60 I have also asked the same question before and it says the P60 is just an additional evidence that is not necessary needed to include, as the ECO will use your pay slip and bank statement to clarify whether you meet the financial requirements or not, they won't use your P60 alone to decide.

And just to add unfortunately they will use your lowest payment to calculate the 18,600 requirement so you will have to earn over 1550 from June to December. Just not t sure about the category.

Good luck
He's non-salaried, so they won't use the lowest amount.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
And just to add unfortunately they will use your lowest payment to calculate the 18,600 requirement
Not if they are in unsalaried (hourly) employment, even under Category A. Unsalaried employment is always taken using an annualised average on the gross income in the period, not the lowest payslip (as it is with salaried employment).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not if they are in unsalaried (hourly) employment, even under Category A. Unsalaried employment is always taken using an annualised average on the gross income in the period, not the lowest payslip (as it is with salaried employment).

Ooh right! Thanks for clarifying, now I know.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Where is your wife now? If she is still in the Philippines, it's too late for her to travel before birth so the birth is likely to be in the Philippines, and your new-born will be British by descent automatically. She can then apply for a visa to join you in UK. Being British your child doesn't need a visa - just British passport.
The OP will need to note that first British passport applications from the Philippines takes a long time. He will need to factor this in - he would not like to have his wife's UK spouse visa ready when the child's first British passport application is still being process.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The OP will need to note that first British passport applications from the Philippines takes a long time. He will need to factor this in - he would not like to have his wife's UK spouse visa ready when the child's first British passport application is still being process.
Me and My wifes plan was to get her here to UK first so she can find a job and work here in the UK if we are lucky enough and then the baby next as we have someone to look after the baby.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have another question, Do i need to explain all the deposits in my bank account? because I had few large deposits in my bank account largest is £1600 pounds, £800 £120 £300 £200. Do I need to explain all of these deposits to back myself up? Or should I just leave it?

If I were to explain the deposits do I need a letter from the people whi deposited it to my account?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another question about the 28 day payslip and document rule: From my job They count my hours from 1st till the end of every month and we get paid every 9th or 10th of the month if it doesnt fall on the weekends. In my case my 6th payslip and bank statements comes out on the 10th of sept and I would like to know if my wife would be safe to apply between 25th of september till 6th of october?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.