Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just found this forum after searching for processing times, having just submitted our spouse visa application in Canada. Wish I'd found it prior!

Anyway, after reading through the threads I think we may have made a fatal error in not submitting photos of my wife and I (wedding pics etc.) as it seems everyone else has done?!

We married in Nov 2014, and we have a four year old child together.

For evidence we submitted the following:

UK sponsor:
- 6 months bank statements
- 12 months payslips
- 4 years of P60s
- letter from employer with dates/salary/employment type etc.
- birth certificate copy
- passport copy

Applicant:
- birth certificate + copy
- passport + copy
- letter of current employment

- marriage cert + copy

- a signed joint tenancy agreement which starts next month, with both our names on

- our childs birth certificate and copies of passport

Should we have included family photos? Will our childs birth certificate and all our passport stamps suffice to show our relationship is real? Will UKBA contact us to ask for photos or would they just reject the application?

Kinda nervous now.

Many thanks

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Hard to say. Having a child may be further evidence. Wedding photos aren't essential but most people provide a few. Any communications record like Skype? Letters of introduction and sponsorship describing your relationship history?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

No, we didn't include any of that. We kind of just assumed it was obvious we were in a relationship because of the child and marriage certificate. Is there any way we can send more evidence after the application submission?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No, there isn't. You just have to wait for outcome. Pity you didn't find us before application.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, feeling very worried now.

Do you think it is worth upgrading our application to a priority one? We plan to move at the beginning of Aug and don't want that date to be delayed with having to send a second application.

Also, if our visa is denied due to lack of evidence of relationship, is that something we could appeal against? Or would it be better/quicker to just put in a whole new application?

Thanks again

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to add. The copy of my passport pages show around 25 trips over a 4 year period. Do you think this will be considered as evidence of relationship?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No, unless you point them out.
You may have a chance in your appeal if they refuse you for the sole reason of not enough relationship evidence. You can then supply evidence which was available at the time of original application but wasn't submitted.
It's up to you if you want to upgrade to priority. Sheffield has been fairly quick in deciding, though there is no way of telling how long your wait will be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, not getting any better then lol.

Do you have any idea of the chances that they might just email us and ask for more evidence (photos etc.)? I'd really hate to pay another application fee just to give some evidence that we do have.

I was reading some other threads on appeals and it seems like a lengthy process! Seems better to just submit a new priority application.

One other question: We had an email saying 'Your online application has been received in Sheffield, UK. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.' Does this mean they have received all the documents too, or just the online part? Because it only took 16hrs from biometrics appt to receiving that email. Surely it's not possible to be that quick from Canada??

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I can't say. Every application is different, and ECOs, while they are all supposed to sing from the same hymn sheet, may come to a different conclusion when using their discretion.
Let's cross the bridge when you get to it. You will be approved if ECO is satisfied you meet the requirement.
I don't know what that email means.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, many thanks for your replies. It's really appreciated. I think we will send an email to the visa office anyway, to ask if we can submit additional docs. The worst that can happen is they say no. Failing that we'll just have to wait and see. Really kicking myself about this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,

Just following up, we received an email from UKVI saying that appendix 2 is missing and to please email them another copy. We're really worried now that other stuff may be missing. Appendix 2 was definitely included when we sent it.

My question is: Can we use this opportunity to give them some evidence we omitted in the original application? Like a bunch of family pics and a letter of sponsorship? What will happen if we do include this?

Many thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
A letter of introduction from the sponsor is not a required document. Only send more photos if you didn't already send enough (10-15 including wedding photos is fine). If they still don't have enough documentation to make a decision, they will let you know (and they already have, which you should actually take as a good sign).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Many thanks. We stupidly didn't include any pics in the original application, so we'll attach a few family pics at different stages of our childs life (should prove long term relationship hopefully)

Cheers

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah, rereading your original post, you should definitely have provided more information, especially evidence of continuing devotion to one another... However, do consider that the biggest value in submitting photos is to prove that you have physically met one another, and having a child together may illustrate this well enough. If they asked you to email Appendix 2, I think I would include a note that you can provide more documentation if requested (photos, conversation history, et cetera).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, that's good to know. This is such a horrible process to go through, and in hindsight we should have sought advice beforehand (or at least found this excellent forum lol)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.