Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi dear friends,
I am planning to apply for Sub Class 489 but i have the following queries for which i can not get answers anywhere:
I stand at 55 points on the points test(age 30, IELTS 10, Partner Skills 5, Designated Area Sposnorship 10) and I am confused about the rest 10 whether I am eligible to claim those or not.
I have 7 years of experience in Audit and accounts (5 years in audit firm (KPMG, external auditor) and 2 years in different companies (as accounts position)). I have completed CA Intermediate from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, but this can not be assessed from any of ICAA, CPA Australia and IPA. My question is, would I be able to get the 10 points of experience outside Australia provided that my education can not be assessed? or if I am able to improve my IELTS score, and manage to score 65 on points test, would I be eligible to apply for 489 even if my education and experience is not assessed?

I would really appreciate any helpful reply.

·
Registered
965 Posts
you will definitely need a skill assessment for your employment i guess since this itself is skilled migration

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you will definitely need a skill assessment for your employment i guess since this itself is skilled migration
Thanks Mohan!
So what i figure out from your reply is that even if I improve my IELTS score and score 65 on points test (without prior experience counted), I would still need to pass the skill assessment and Education Assessment, and without nominated occupation and education assessment, I am not able to apply for 489 no matter how much I score on points test.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts