Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

My wife is British and am Sri Lankan. My spouse visa will be expiring soon. We are planning to have our baby soon and I have to renew my first visa extension, which is FLR (M). Now, my problem is when we apply for FLR application, I noticed we have to go through same application process of showing £18600 salary requirement. She is on £22k annual salary for last year but when we apply for my visa renewal she won’t be working, as she will be on maternity leave.

Will that be a problem because she is not working during her maternity? I know it’s a silly question but I wanted some clarification from all of you guys as UKBA are always mystery – am scared!!!

Please help!!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
If your spouse visa is expiring soon, didn't you get it before July 2012, when the rules changed? Then you must be under the old rules, and eligible for settlement (ILR)?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys

Thanks for you reply. I have read out the maternity section on UKBA site as well. I was worried myself as I was gathering all the information. Thanks to nylon, redalazade and Joppa.

I am working now but still i earn less than my wife.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Hey guys

Thanks for you reply. I have read out the maternity section on UKBA site as well. I was worried myself as I was gathering all the information. Thanks to nylon, redalazade and Joppa.

I am working now but still i earn less than my wife.
It doesn't matter that you are earning less. You can combine your salaries for your future application in 2016.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.