Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I was offered a job at NIBRAS International School as a teacher. The salary structure is as follows:

Salary 7500-8500 AED
Housing - 2 BR shared accomodation -Furnished or 2500 AED allowance
Health Insurance
Transportation to and from work
Annual Return Tickets

I am a single 23 year old male for now. I will be married in the near future. I have debts totalling $1000 a month here in Canada.. and I want to be able to make this payment while working there.... i realize that is about half my salary. How much can I potentially save per month? Will I be able to survive? Should I take the housing allowance instead (when im married)?

I am a graduate of accounting and would prefer an accounting job. How easy is it to switch to another job in dubai? Even if a contract is signed...

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi.

I was offered a job at NIBRAS International School as a teacher. The salary structure is as follows:

Salary 7500-8500 AED
Housing - 2 BR shared accomodation -Furnished or 2500 AED allowance
Health Insurance
Transportation to and from work
Annual Return Tickets

I am a single 23 year old male for now. I will be married in the near future. I have debts totalling $1000 a month here in Canada.. and I want to be able to make this payment while working there.... i realize that is about half my salary. How much can I potentially save per month? Will I be able to survive? Should I take the housing allowance instead (when im married)?

I am a graduate of accounting and would prefer an accounting job. How easy is it to switch to another job in dubai? Even if a contract is signed...

Any advice would be appreciated.
Dear Kikar,

Regaring your specific query please note that generally AED 2,500 for housing allowance is on very low side.

Shared accomodation can very from 2 person in one room to 8 person in one room without attached bathroom and no kitchen at all .

Studio apartment is vary from AED 50,000 per annum to 85,000 per annum depending on location but still you have to pay for electricity /water etc .

In 2500 per month you will find hardly a good shared accommodation .

For other expenditures please note that average it will cost you 4,000 per month and this not includes any luxury shopping / dinning / entertainment. in this amount you are able to eat three times a day , traveling. emergency medical and little shopping.

Balance can save .

Best of Luck!

·
Registered
139 Posts
You're being taken for a ride. Renting a car to sleep in is gonna cost more than 2.5K, let alone an apartment.
I think you should ask around for the current salaries in the academia. That said, you probably won't save a lot in 7.5K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.