Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

hello evry1, looking for somw advice here..
me and my best bud have decided to move to malaga to work for the summer periods, bar work, reps, restaurants etc. im 21 shes 23, basically wev had enough of scotland and evrythng in general. id be much obliged for info on how to start looking for this kind of work, websites, etc. we have a villa for 1 month 2 hopefully get on our feet and find our own accom. again.. any info would be great. :) thanks! x .

·
Registered
33,612 Posts

me and my best bud have decided to move to malaga to work for the summer periods, bar work, reps, restaurants etc. im 21 shes 23, basically wev had enough of scotland and evrythng in general. id be much obliged for info on how to start looking for this kind of work, websites, etc. we have a villa for 1 month 2 hopefully get on our feet and find our own accom. again.. any info would be great. :) thanks! x .
The only way to do this is to come over and rent a place and knock on doors. You would need to be in the right place at the right time and you'll be up against a lot of competition from locals cos there is mass unemployment over here. But you need to be here for that sort of work.

You also need to make sure you have enough money to act as a "buffer" should you not find anything initially. Almost treat it like a holiday to begin with, if you dont find any work at least you've had an adverture

Jo xxx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only way to do this is to come over and rent a place and knock on doors. You would need to be in the right place at the right time and you'll be up against a lot of competition from locals cos there is mass unemployment over here. But you need to be here for that sort of work.

You also need to make sure you have enough money to act as a "buffer" should you not find anything initially. Almost treat it like a holiday to begin with, if you dont find any work at least you've had an adverture

Jo xxx
thats whats were hoping for, leaving next month to get in early as pos 4 the season etc. not alot of money behind us but we can only try! thank u anyway! any info much appreciated
:) ag xxx

·
Registered
601 Posts

We really require a little bit more information from you before anybody can give you any really valuabkle advise. If you have a legal/ financial/call centre background then you may be lucky in finding similar work in Gibraltar ( Commuting distance from Malaga ) which has the benefit of Tax Free Salaries, and these types of jobs are usually advertised through a number of recruitment agencies. If, however, you are set on applying for Bar & restuarant work then these types of "Casual" jobs are usually applied for in person, so it will be almost impossible for you to find anything before you move across.
Beware also that many of these types of position are not legally recognised and therefore you will have no workers rights, and no entitlement to healthcare, Pensions, Holiday & Sick pay etc... unless you are specifically offered a legal contract.
- I have attached a link to an article that will tell you about finding work in Spain - <snip>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.