Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am a recent engineering graduate. I was lucky enough to get a job offer from a company working in Abu Dhabi. Its a US based oil company.

I got the offer letter on October 18, 2009. I sent the signed copy back the next day. Company sent the Visa forms which I filled and couriered them back on November 5, 2009, with the forms I sent colored copies of my passport, photographs and colored copy of my university degree attested by the UAE ministry in my country. The copy was not attested but the attested degree was copied and sent as advised by the UAE embassy agent.

On November 25,2009 I received another mail asking me to send my original university degree attested by the UAE embassy.

I was just wondering whether it would be safe to send my original university degree (which i have already couriered). Plus do they (UAE government) normally ask for the original degree. Plus how much time it would further take to get the visa.

Waiting for your comments.

Thanks and Regards
Haris

·
Banned
598 Posts
Under no circumstances woulde I send the original of anything to anyone. Dont let them push you around because of where you are from. good luck bro.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Under no circumstances woulde I send the original of anything to anyone. Dont let them push you around because of where you are from. good luck bro.
I concur. You should never let the originals of your degree certificate out of your sight. The UAE authorities only ask for attested copies of the original to process your visa NOT the original.

Some employers may ask you to show them the original on your first day of work but they should never be allowed to keep this. Ensure that you get the original back from them. When you arrive in the UAE, please also ensure that your employer gives you back your passport after they have processed your residency visa as it is illegal for them to hold on to this. As mrbig has rightly said, do not let yourself be bullied into handing over documents by your employer or anyone else for that matter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you brothers for the reply. I hope this does not ends me up in any trouble.

How much time it normally takes to get the visa processed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.