Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am writing 2 papers of CPA Australia Foundation level this May (Accounting principles and Law) and would appreciate anyone's con the below queries as Im nervous :confused: as to what to expect...

1. Is it enough if I just study the questions in Study Manual or do I need to refer other books. Study Manual has only around 10 qns in each chapter totalling to 140 qns for the whole subject. (And 100 qns will be asked rom this? highly unlikely..can't be that easy)
2. Is there any link or sample question papers from the past. (CPA website says they will not publish previous years qn paper)
3. Has anyone reading this link written CPA foundation level exams.
4. What is the marking system and any idea of the percentage of people passing/failing this. (CPA website says there is no marking)

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

I am writing 2 papers of CPA Australia Foundation level this May (Accounting principles and Law) and would appreciate anyone's con the below queries as Im nervous :confused: as to what to expect...

1. Is it enough if I just study the questions in Study Manual or do I need to refer other books. Study Manual has only around 10 qns in each chapter totalling to 140 qns for the whole subject. (And 100 qns will be asked rom this? highly unlikely..can't be that easy)
2. Is there any link or sample question papers from the past. (CPA website says they will not publish previous years qn paper)
4. What is the marking system and any idea of the percentage of people passing/failing this. (CPA website says there is no marking)

Thanks in advance....
hi, evn im preparing for the exam n would like to know wht study materials thy hv provided u n if possible v cn stay in touch via email.
thanks n awaiting your replr.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
hi, evn im preparing for the exam n would like to know wht study materials thy hv provided u n if possible v cn stay in touch via email.
Hi Amby,

Nice to hear that I have company....

I have only received a Study Manual (which I presume all get after registering for the exam). Im just studying that for the exam. Hope it suffices. was not able to get any help in any of the forums regarding Question Papers or Mock tests as CPA does not supply past year QN Papers neither can candidates post Qns in forums (obviously because its a Computer based Test).

To add to my confusion there is no pass/fail marks to aim for and no scores are given - only a PASS or FAIL result. So without breaking my head further, Im just going to study the manual and see whether I clear, Ill atleast get an idea what to expect If I don't clear it this time...

Which centre are you writing the exam and when?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks in advance....
HeyAU,

Nice to read your post. Have you got your qualifications assessed by CPA? Could you please let me know the procedure to enroll for foundation level.

In fact my assessment from CPA states that

"Your Bachelor of ..... from ... University is assessed as comparable to accredited Australian tertiary qualifications. Thus, you have fulfilled CPA Australia's first academic requirement for membership."

Does it mean that I can apply for membership directly. I would definitely write to CPA for clarification. Meanwhile could you please let me know if you have an idea.

Regards,
Devi

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello

Hi Amby,

I have only received a Study Manual (which I presume all get after registering for the exam). Im just studying that for the exam. Hope it suffices. was not able to get any help in any of the forums regarding Question Papers or Mock tests as CPA does not supply past year QN Papers neither can candidates post Qns in forums (obviously because its a Computer based Test).

To add to my confusion there is no pass/fail marks to aim for and no scores are given - only a PASS or FAIL result. So without breaking my head further, Im just going to study the manual and see whether I clear, Ill atleast get an idea what to expect If I don't clear it this time...

hi there,
where do u live?so v cn meet n discuss.

thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have gone through that link. Need to clarify few points:

A degree is must to enroll foundation level
Exemption in foundation papers will get based on the subjects studied in that degree
An IGCSE UK Cariculum O/A level or plus2 holder cannot directly enroll to foundation level

Please confirm

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yes that is true.

A bachelors degree is the minimum requirement for starting the CPA program.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks in advance....

Hi,

I am just wondering if u can help me regards to the CPA exams. My first exam will be in October. Could u tell if it is enough to study the materials provided by CPA(the questions) or do we have to study something else.
Thank u.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there

My exam is end of this month which is accounting concepts and principle. I just wanna know did you guys just finished manual from CPA Australia or did u already took help from other referral? Pls help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Need your advise

Hi there,

I am giving CPA foundation exam this November, may I request you share your exam experience in May. How was your exam and what was your result?
Please guide me what things I need to take care of in the exam? I have studied only from the CPA material, would you suggest me any other books as well.
I eagerly look forward you your reply.

Million thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi AyeshaAus,

Nice to know that also, you will be appearing for the November exam. I read your query on the forum and was wondering if you found any answer for it. Also, I will be giving the foundation exam at the end of this november.

May i ask you to give any suggestions for the exam.

Look forward to your reply.

Many thanks,
Akhil

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi AyeshaAus,

Nice to know that also, you will be appearing for the November exam. I read your query on the forum and was wondering if you found any answer for it. Also, I will be giving the foundation exam at the end of this november.

May i ask you to give any suggestions for the exam.

Look forward to your reply.

Many thanks,
Akhil
HI Akhil ,

I am taking my foundation exam this May .Like to know whether study material that CPA gave is enough ? And how is the marking ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
HI ,

Like to have your help.
I am taking my foundation exam this May .Like to know whether study material that CPA gave is enough ? And how is the marking ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks in advance....

Hi buddy..just saw your post..I will be appearing for the Foundation Level Exam - Accounting Concepts and Principles Soon.

Would it be possible for your to share the questions you have in your study material with me. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Everybody who takes a CPA exam signs an undertaking not to release or discuss exam questions with anyone. Part of being a CPA is to have a high level of ethics and standards, so far everyone honors the undertaking. If someone can't hold a basic secret how can you expect them to uphold highly confidential client information.
The secrecy of CPA exams is part of ethical training for every accountant and any breach is investigated.

All the questions come from the study materials provided, good luck with your exams.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Everybody who takes a CPA exam signs an undertaking not to release or discuss exam questions with anyone. Part of being a CPA is to have a high level of ethics and standards, so far everyone honors the undertaking. If someone can't hold a basic secret how can you expect them to uphold highly confidential client information.
The secrecy of CPA exams is part of ethical training for every accountant and any breach is investigated.

All the questions come from the study materials provided, good luck with your exams.
Thanks Naoto for your reply. I was aware of this but was not aware that one cannot share questions from study material either.

Have practised the questions given at the end of the chapter and thought additional questions would be able to help me prepare better.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It can be frustrating, however keep in mind CPA considers fundamentals as very basic exams. The assume sufficient knowledge is present, and the materials are just a "refresher".

Once you progress to Professional Level you should have a test bank of questions for each subject (online). :D

The study material questions are the same for all. I would rather not review older materials as materials are updated every year to keep up with global and legislative changes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello amby,
I too need to take this paper, is the study material sent by CPA sufficient ? appreciate your advice

Hi Amby,

1 - 20 of 167 Posts