Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just to share a bad news - got a letter from DIAC that my application/skill doesnt fall in CSL category [I am Computing Professional 2231-79 (Senior Officer)] hence the application will be long delayed. even may take forever...:((((

Now (after 5 months of submission) I am thinking to apply for state sponsorship (NSW or Victoria). Can anyone suggest me where to start and what are the steps?
Also - do all these two states sponsor quickly? how long I have to wait to get that?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Zonaid

sorry to hear that, but it isnt too late,

search the forum for state sponsorship.. u will get respective sites for each state. check what state has your skill in their list. which ever has, you download the form for their site, send all documents to the email mentioned in the site along with your CV and filled form.

you have to give them a commitment statement along with a asset statement. each state has a different amount as minimum required funds but its approximately 20kA$ for main applicant and 10k for every dependent.

I think you may check below links for respective state info.

ACT Government Entry Point: Home
Northern Territory Government
NSW Government | State of Opportunity
Department of State and Regional Development
Queensland Government
http://www.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm
Tasmania Online - your gateway to Tasmania
Victorian Government (Victoria Online)
Government of Western Australia

Hope this helps

for anything else, give us a shout. by the way, i applied for victoria ss and got rejected after waiting for 3 months, applied for ACT in april and am still waiting to hear frm them. so i suggest applying for multiple states at the same time so that u dont waste time like we did. ACT and NSW charge a fee for processing your application, it is about 250A$. Victoria doesnt charge, dont know about WA and others.

cheers
anj

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Anj,
Thanx for your quick reply.
I have gone through NSW and Vic state websites.

To my worst - NSW page states that i need IELTS 7.0 on each module, is it true? (I got 7.5 Average, but 6.5 in speaking module). Also the ICT demand list they stated is almost matching with CSL where I couldnt find myself. That means I can;t apply due to both these restrictions....Please correct me if I am wrong as it is dragging me further away.

I havent started the Victoria online application as I need to ready the documents prior.

Thanx.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
zonaid why dont u try ACT? the new list would be out soon for most states, ACT isnt taking any applications for now but i believe they should start in a month or so. Victoria has been very selective in granting sponsorship.
dont loose it, u will make it. It might take time but things happen for good. More time would mean u prepare yourself mentally and financially. I remember when we filed our application a year back in sept 2008, i did not have as much as i have right now both in terms of knowledge about areas and monetarily. yes things do come to a stand still, we can not do things the way we like, but patience pays, trust me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts