Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone out there can help.

So my partner is South African and I am English and a british national.

I am getting confused with the financial requirements section of the application form from my side (as the sponsor, I guess)

My situation is that I earn more than the minimum threshold set out, and I can provide payslips from my company with a letter from my company as well.

however, I was the director of a non trading company listed with companies house, I resigned my directorship last November but I still remain a shareholder.
I am unclear on what I need to give to my partner to submit in relation to this dormant company that is not trading?

as far as I am aware, I need to show that I can support us both, until we're married and then until my partner finds a job, so that's ok, it's just the appendix section 9 FM-SE that's baffling me.

I would appreciate any help and if you could tell me what documents I would need that also would be a great help!

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Do you meet the financial requirement through income from your job? If so there is no need to mention anything else.

Just to be clear, while once your partner is receives a CP visa his income can be counted to meet the financial requirement for further visas, it's you who is ultimately responsible for supporting him. There is no requirement for him to get a job.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you meet the financial requirement through income from your job? If so there is no need to mention anything else.

Just to be clear, while once your partner is receives a CP visa his income can be counted to meet the financial requirement for further visas, it's you who is ultimately responsible for supporting him. There is no requirement for him to get a job.
I do indeed meet the financial requirements from income from my current job, so much so that I can afford to support us both.

it's just that being a shareholder in a non-trading company registered with companies house and if and what I would need to send to my partner to submit??

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Just don't mention that you are a shareholder, full stop.

Don't mention it and don't send any paperwork pertaining to it.

Since your current employment more than surpasses the minimum earnings requirement, the Home Office doesn't need to know about your other dealings with the non-trading company and it's not against the law to withhold that information.

The Home Office's main and only concern is that you meet the income requirement, so just show them the money and you're good to go.

Good luck and congratulations to you and your partner on your upcoming marriage! :)

Reactions: Hello_Christine

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Since your current employment more than surpasses the minimum earnings requirement, the Home Office doesn't need to know about your other dealings with the non-trading company and it's not against the law to withhold that information.

T
It's not withholding information. There are several ways to meet the financial requirement. You can use one or in some cases a combination of categories if necessary. If you can meet the financial requirement fully through one category there is no need give any other information about income you may have from other categories.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.