Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, for some time now my partner and I have dreamt of moving to Cyprus, Paphos area. All that is stopping us is my elderly mother, now very elderly and quite ill.

Without being morbid we see the next 18 months being when our dream is finally realised but we are seriously considering a short term option, to do a 12 month rental.

This would give us a base there to use, we would use it most of the year, one in the UK and the other in Cyprus, each taking turns. It would cut out hotel and holiday costs, it would give us both the chance to try before we buy.

We are both retired so time is no problem and we can afford the monthly rental, most we have looked at and like we could get for around £400 per month.

My question is, what other costs are involved on top of monthly rental and what sort of figure. We are looking at 2 bed apartments i Paphos.

Thanks in advance,

Syd

·
Super Moderator
12,540 Posts
Hi, for some time now my partner and I have dreamt of moving to Cyprus, Paphos area. All that is stopping us is my elderly mother, now very elderly and quite ill.

Without being morbid we see the next 18 months being when our dream is finally realised but we are seriously considering a short term option, to do a 12 month rental.

This would give us a base there to use, we would use it most of the year, one in the UK and the other in Cyprus, each taking turns. It would cut out hotel and holiday costs, it would give us both the chance to try before we buy.

We are both retired so time is no problem and we can afford the monthly rental, most we have looked at and like we could get for around £400 per month.

My question is, what other costs are involved on top of monthly rental and what sort of figure. We are looking at 2 bed apartments i Paphos.

Thanks in advance,

Syd
Hi Syd,
Apart from your rent you have the utilities to pay as nornal. Depending on your contract you may also have to pay the communal charge if in an apartment although some landlords will include that in the rent. Communal charges vary widely depending on the developer and the number of amenities in t he complex.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, the ones we are looking at all have community charge included so I take it it's water, electric, any I have missed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts