Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. We are moving to France in three weeks and have been unable to find out what the restrictions are on taking food and plants abroad. We have a freezer full of meat that I would like to take (remaining in freezer) and also quite a large amount of house plants. Can anyone please tell me if this is allowed
Many thanks in anticipation of your help

·
Administrator
51,378 Posts
Given the EU "freedom of movement" regulations, I don't think you'll run into any problem bringing in personal stuff from the UK. House plants are no issue - I transported all my house plants myself from Germany some 15 years ago and they don't even stop you at the border.

Now, keeping all that meat frozen while it's in transit could be another challenge.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
I think it's DEFRA or whatever it's equivalent is that can confirm that kind of info

Bev - given the current weather conditions, I don't think keeping the meat frozen will present a problem - keeping the plants UNfrozen might .... ;)

Hils

·
Administrator
51,378 Posts
Bev - given the current weather conditions, I don't think keeping the meat frozen will present a problem - keeping the plants UNfrozen might .... ;)
A couple of days ago I would have agreed with you. But today is the second day in a row with temperatures above freezing! :clap2::clap2::clap2:
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Given the EU "freedom of movement" regulations, I don't think you'll run into any problem bringing in personal stuff from the UK. House plants are no issue - I transported all my house plants myself from Germany some 15 years ago and they don't even stop you at the border.

Now, keeping all that meat frozen while it's in transit could be another challenge.
Cheers,
Bev
Many thanks for all those responding. I have it on good authority that there is not a problem taking either with us so again many thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.