Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so long story short, i have my biometrics tomorrow here in the usa, to apply to go be with my wife in the UK. Due to some setbacks, she had to send me a new round of bank statementd and payslips which just arrived today , which we assumed would be perfect.....but..... Her new bank statements for some reason say her old address on them, and we are pretty much out of time to get new ones at this point.

Is this going to be a problem??? I'm freaking out just a little bit as we have paid our fees and we have been apart now for a few months so we are dying to see each other

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a recap and to shorten the story- the address on my wifes bank statements is her old address and not her current one.

Barclays is terrible FYI, been a nightmare.

Also my name is Taylor- long time lurker on this forum, first time posting.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Taylor, I think from what I have read that it is not a big problem, as long as the bank statements are originals. When we submitted spouse visa from abroad, the bank statements had my parents address in the UK, and it was not an issue. You could mention it in a covering letter if you wanted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are all stamped with the Barclays stamp showing the date, as well as what appears to be an employees initials. Albeit last statement is different as August isnt done yet so the statement isnt generated, but none the less it is still stamped and initialed on both sides. I will write something explaining it. We have a solicitor, but he has been unresponsive from time to time and i have been FREAKING out as we have just paid the fees and all.
Thank you :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
We had moved house temporarily ( 3months before apt), did not change address details for Bank as it was only for a short time. Statements stamped and signed and importantly we supplied correspondence which linked to the statement address.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We had moved house temporarily ( 3months before apt), did not change address details for Bank as it was only for a short time. Statements stamped and signed and importantly we supplied correspondence which linked to the statement address.

So this address on her statements now is her old address- do you know how we would go about that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.