Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new to france ( well 4 years of holiday home renovations)
Now we are getting to the finnishing stages we realy need to know the name of a good quality plaster ie "Thistle" back in the old UK.

Thanks loads and hi to everyone:)

·
Administrator
49,983 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I've moved your post out into the France section and changed the title a bit to try and flag down some of the folks who can help.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
594 Posts
chardon?

Thistle?

Try "chardons" or "pansement" or "platrier" on pagesjaunes.fr
If it is for house, platrier would give you ample satisfaction...

Good luck

·
Administrator
49,983 Posts
I did a little bit of hunting around online on the issue of plaster. Thistle is apparently a brand name in the UK.

There are a variety of types of plaster available at the DIY and builder stores - and it sounds like the plaster available here in France has different qualities from that used in the UK. It may relate to the different building techniques used.

Your best bet might be to ask at a large building supply store like Leroy Merlin or Point P or even do some hunting around on their websites. From what I could find, the various types of plaster used here tend to dry much quicker than the UK standards, and it's important to get the right type for the right job.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks - just had a disaster with some plaster on one wall not like the nice pink stuff back home lol
x
Nicci

Welcome to the forum.

I've moved your post out into the France section and changed the title a bit to try and flag down some of the folks who can help.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.