Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I require some advice please!

My boyfriend lives in the USA (Mississippi) and I'm from the UK - I am going over to visit him for the first time in May 2014. Eventually we want to be living out there together and I want some step by step help on how to make it work.

What are the rules? requirements? etc please.

We are not engaged as of yet but I imagine we will be once I go and visit him. Please help as it's confusing me greatly.

Something I would like to mention is that as of right now he doesn't live alone. He is living with his parents and I need to know if that is going to play a main factor in me living out there.

Any help is appreciated but a step by step guide will be really good! Thank you

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
yoU have to neet first before you can do anything
come back when that done ..

it may be a dissapointment . it has for many

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The meeting is planned. I still require what I would need to do step by step after that. If anyone wants to explain, I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
The meeting is planned. I still require what I would need to do step by step after that. If anyone wants to explain, I would be very grateful.
You options are K1 - fiancé or CR1 - spouse. travel.state.gov and uscis.gov are official and easy to use sources.
As you have time - read through some of the existing threads. There is a lot of information her for the taking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are planning to marry him you need to apply for K1 visa.

K-1 visa is nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiance of a United States (U.S.) citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. After that you can apply for adjustment of visa to change the status for staying there permanently.

Refer to the below link for more details about it.

Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fiancé(e) (K-1)

Its your life so make a proper decision and take the steps for making your life happy....

·
Banned
6,189 Posts
If you are planning to marry him you need to apply for K1 visa.
More precisely, if you are planning to marry him in the United States and you intend to remain in the United States, you need a K-1 before you go to the U.S. You don't need a K-1 if you leave the U.S. within the visa waiver/ESTA period (with a marriage or not), for example. And you don't need a K-1 or any other U.S. visa if there's no U.S. travel (e.g. he travels to marry you in Europe).

If you're married and then want to travel to (or back to) the U.S. to join your husband to live together in the U.S., you need a CR-1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts