Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY USEFUL INFORMATION ON NEW SOUTH WALES, WE ARE LOOKING AT THIS MAYBE BEING THE AREA IN OZ FOR OUR FAMILY OF 2 GIRLS TO SETTLE IN BUT NEED SOME GOOD INFO ON WHERE ARE THE BEST PLACES TO LIVE, AS SO MANY AREAS AND DONT WANT TO LIVE IN A ROUGH AREA. WE WANT TO BE LOCATED NEAR GOOD SCHOOLS, PARKS, POOLS SHOPS DOCTORS HAVING A HOME BUGET OF ABOUT $600.000, DOES THIS BUY YOU A GOOD HOME HERE?.

ANY HELP ON AREAS GOOD AND BAD PLEASE LET US KNOW.

THANX:p:juggle::confused2::plane:

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
BTW You may not realise but typing in capitals is the equivalent of shouting at someone online.

I don't know anything NSW since we didn't consider it due to the tax laws at the time (they've since changed).

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Please stop SHOUTING (don't use all caps), it's extremely rude.

NSW is a large state, you're going to need to be more specific.
1. Occupation
2. Size of house
3. Countryside or City?

600,000 - In Sydney you can get a good house in Western or Southern Sydney, it won't be near a beach. You can buy a unit (apartment) near a beach in some areas for 600,000 but it won't be new.

Check out Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au to look at areas. There is a clickable map.

If you are talking about countryside then your real estate options are greater, but you will suffer in the shops as there won't be much choice.

Basically you need to prioiritise on what you're looking for, only Shangri-la has a place with everything that costs nothing.

HI GUYS DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY USEFUL INFORMATION ON NEW SOUTH WALES, WE ARE LOOKING AT THIS MAYBE BEING THE AREA IN OZ FOR OUR FAMILY OF 2 GIRLS TO SETTLE IN BUT NEED SOME GOOD INFO ON WHERE ARE THE BEST PLACES TO LIVE, AS SO MANY AREAS AND DONT WANT TO LIVE IN A ROUGH AREA. WE WANT TO BE LOCATED NEAR GOOD SCHOOLS, PARKS, POOLS SHOPS DOCTORS HAVING A HOME BUGET OF ABOUT $600.000, DOES THIS BUY YOU A GOOD HOME HERE?.

ANY HELP ON AREAS GOOD AND BAD PLEASE LET US KNOW.

THANX:p:juggle::confused2::plane:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apologies

To anyone that is affending my my tpying in CAPS if previous thread then i'm sorry. I'm not always on the computer so no i didnt look at it nor have ever heard that it as being rude. I suppose i'm very laid back and wouldnt make thinks like that to being out as rude, example if someone beeps there car someone may look at that as being rude or they are just letting you know they are their, nothing wrong it that, or some writing in red pen - you can see by the text is not meant in a horrible way but i a sure you and to whom else may read and think the same thing it's not attended as that. I've just got a big month with a little voice !!!

This site is here for people to help each other out not turn things negative and stress someone out even more.

But on a good note I thank you for responing and sharing what information that you do have, we wouldnt be looking to move in the country more like upto 30 - 40mins drive from a beach my fiancee is in the tiling, building trade and i'm a beauty therapist / complementary therapist. as I stated before we have $600.000 bugget for our home but could go more if needed as that would be buy outright without a morgage so for the right house then would get a morgage and for some reason NSW is telling me might be the place, do you have any insight on the area's of Bermagui or Northern NSW Byron Bay, Coffs Harbour or Port Macquarie ?. are these are just more for the travellers pasting by or nice place to settle?

Thanx for all the help :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi Tony and Dani

Ive done it myself wit the caps lock on and not realised untill too late that the whole blooming thing has typed up wrong!
This site is very usefull and there are some lovely people on here more than willing to help so dont be put off, im sure the comments were not meat as they sounded!

My uncle has a house in an area of n s w called VALENTINE, ive google earthed it and it looks nice, hes a bit on the "well to do " side so would only settle somewhere nice, worth a look i think, houses are pricy there but have you tried the property website listed in the stickys or type in realestate.com au.....theres some really nice homes!
gives you food for thought...
take care
claire

·
Registered
260 Posts
Please help..

I am applying for NSW SS and I need to know that while filling Form-2, do I need to circle last point 'Nomination/sponsorship at time of invitation'.. ?

G

·
Brahm,
This is not the answer for your question. However, I am also planing to apply for NSW. From where you take the bank check/Money order for the SS fee?

Please reply
Jose Thomas

·
Registered
260 Posts
Brahm,
This is not the answer for your question. However, I am also planing to apply for NSW. From where you take the bank check/Money order for the SS fee?

Please reply
Jose Thomas
Well answer to my last post is that YES, I need to circle last point 'Nomination/sponsorship at time of invitation' in form-2..

You can get DD of AUD300 from any leading bank.. you may try HDFC for it.. Bank will charge you in INR on the selling price of AUD for the day..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.