Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I received my skills assessment result today, i'm so happy that i received a positive result but this deemed skilled for points test date has bothered me alot.

I'm looking for 5 point from 1 year work experience for my 189 application. Now i am so confused as at the top section mentioned my working period suitable for migration purposes but on the point test advise section, the year of assessed positively stated 0.7 only.

Can someone please solve my query. Thanks in advance. :(

P/S : I have attached my result.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Guys,

I received my skills assessment result today, i'm so happy that i received a positive result but this deemed skilled for points test date has bothered me alot.

I'm looking for 5 point from 1 year work experience for my 189 application. Now i am so confused as at the top section mentioned my working period suitable for migration purposes but on the point test advise section, the year of assessed positively stated 0.7 only.

I don't understand how you can claim 5 points with only 1 year of job experience. The minimum requirement is: more than 3 years.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi tirupoti, i am working in australia.
Ooookkkk :)

All I can advise you is, don't overclaim.

If anyone claims any experience which is not recognized by the relevant assessing authority, history suggests (lot of examples are there in the forum), that visa application will be rejected without any chance of appeal.

However, I am feeling sorry for you. If you really need those five points, then you may consider waiting for a few more months and do the assessment again.

·
Registered
187 Posts
anyone who know this issue?
Hi,
If the effective date of skill assessed is such that it gives you just 0.7 years experience then you will not be able to claim 1 year immediately.
The good news is that you do not need a follow up skill assessment in case you continue on the same role and company.
You will need to wait for a few months to be able to claim 1 year. The you can apply.

There is also some good in this situation. At this time of the year the quota of some popular professions is nearing filled. If you belong to one of those then there would be a fresh quota come up in July and you may get a call soon.

Just be positive and patient. You just need to wait for a few months.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi Guys,

This happens to everyone and it is just the way it is. During a skills assessment you lose a minimum of 1 year of experience as to pass a skills assessment it is qualification + 1 year of experience = skilled worker. So they take he 1 year off you. To claim points for 1 year experience you need to wait til you have been in the same role for 2 years - 1 year for deduction for assessment then the 2nd year worked becomes you 1 years skilled.

All work experience eligible for points claims is AFTER the qualification and the 1 years of experience. So to make it simple you need 2 years of experience 5 points as the first years is lost to vetassess. I hope that makes sense. Be assured it happens to everyone and it explains this on their website.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This happens to everyone and it is just the way it is. During a skills assessment you lose a minimum of 1 year of experience as to pass a skills assessment it is qualification + 1 year of experience = skilled worker. So they take he 1 year off you. To claim points for 1 year experience you need to wait til you have been in the same role for 2 years - 1 year for deduction for assessment then the 2nd year worked becomes you 1 years skilled.

All work experience eligible for points claims is AFTER the qualification and the 1 years of experience. So to make it simple you need 2 years of experience 5 points as the first years is lost to vetassess. I hope that makes sense. Be assured it happens to everyone and it explains this on their website.
Thanks alot Confused Pom!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi,
If the effective date of skill assessed is such that it gives you just 0.7 years experience then you will not be able to claim 1 year immediately.
The good news is that you do not need a follow up skill assessment in case you continue on the same role and company.
You will need to wait for a few months to be able to claim 1 year. The you can apply.

There is also some good in this situation. At this time of the year the quota of some popular professions is nearing filled. If you belong to one of those then there would be a fresh quota come up in July and you may get a call soon.

Just be positive and patient. You just need to wait for a few months.
Thanks alot Jondoe! Now i knw what to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.