Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some clarification when filling form 80

Scenario:My real mother did not take a birth certificate for me. She tasked her brother to do that. So legally i am my uncle child and he is deceased. I do not want to add my uncle wife as a non migrating member on my visa application? Is it ok to leave her and not fill anything about her even though she is on my birth certificate?

My second question is because of my scenario, i have half sisters and half brothers? If i include them in this application, i am not even able to prove the relationship we have unless if it was for a DNA test since all our surnames are different and parents on the birth records are different too.

i am also reading that all members you fill in on your form will undergo medical tests and if anyone fails , your visa may be rejected.

How do i handle this situation?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Form 80 is only for information. You dont have to proof your relationship with your brothers or sisters, only provide their details even if different surname its not a problem. You dont have to upload any docs to support information provided in form 80.
They dont have to provide pcc and medicals. Usually its required only for spouse and children.

And you cant skip your mother's details if she is in your birth certificate

Reactions: mimimaryu

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Thank you
Make sure you answer every single information correctly. You don't have to prove anything but disclose everything about you and others. Hiding can lead to visa refusal.

Reactions: mimimaryu

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I need some clarification when filling form 80

Scenario:My real mother did not take a birth certificate for me. She tasked her brother to do that. So legally i am my uncle child and he is deceased. I do not want to add my uncle wife as a non migrating member on my visa application? Is it ok to leave her and not fill anything about her even though she is on my birth certificate?

My second question is because of my scenario, i have half sisters and half brothers? If i include them in this application, i am not even able to prove the relationship we have unless if it was for a DNA test since all our surnames are different and parents on the birth records are different too.

i am also reading that all members you fill in on your form will undergo medical tests and if anyone fails , your visa may be rejected.

How do i handle this situation?

Form 80 is a character assessment which plays a major role in visa decision.
Be honest and declare everything honestly is what DIBP expects from an applicant.

You need to fill all details.

Recent update is that non-migrating family members need not undergo medicals and provide PCC.

so better mention all the information, no proof is required.

Good luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to bring my issue back again

If i mention my biological mother on form 80 who is not on my birth certificate , will the CO require evidence to prove the relationship even though i am not including her as a dependent?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

If i mention my biological mother on form 80 who is not on my birth certificate , will the CO require evidence to prove the relationship even though i am not including her as a dependent?

Thanks
Add the correct information as such. You can explain as well in the additional information section.

Whats the mother name in your educational docs/passport?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

Thanks

It's not an issue.

Write it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hallo expats

I finally got the visa and i am ecstatic . However i want to know if i can apply for a visitor visa for my mother who is not on my birth certificate. What do i use to prove she is my mother.

All help is greatly appreciated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts