Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I worked for 2 companies after my Bachelors in Computer Science with my experience summary as below:

Company 1:
Last position held: Software Engineer

Company2:
Last position held:Senior Software Engineer

I got a positive assessment from ACS and they considered my experience after June 2007(2 years deduction)

In my reference letters of both the companies to ACS, I mentioned the last role I held at that company.
Now my question is I joined Company1 as a Software trainee and gradually progressed to as S/W Engineer over a period.Will DIAB(DIAC) consider my experience only from when i became a Software Enginner at Company1 and think that i submitted false evidence or it doesnt matter when my role changed to Software engineer??
Pls help..thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
In my reference letters of both the companies to ACS, I mentioned the last role I held at that company.

Now my question is I joined Company1 as a Software trainee and gradually progressed to as S/W Engineer over a period.Will DIAB(DIAC) consider my experience only from when i became a Software Enginner at Company1 and think that i submitted false evidence or it doesnt matter when my role changed to Software engineer??
Pls help..thanks
If I am not wrong, while you joined there, your designation was "Software trainee" and you actually joined as a full time & paid employee, not as a trainee/intern. If so, then nothing to worry at all, you are fine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I am not wrong, while you joined there, your designation was "Software trainee" and you actually joined as a full time & paid employee, not as a trainee/intern. If so, then nothing to worry at all, you are fine.
Yes i joined as a software trainee -full time - paid.The last position i held was Software Engineer.but in my reference letter to ACS i only mentioned as Software engineer for the whole period ,as in reference letter progress in not mentioned.Now im worried

·
Registered
226 Posts
I talked to the DIBP regarding years of experience after receiving a +ve assessment from VetAssess. They said that candidates should only claim the amount of experience considered relevant by the assessing authority - in your case ACS. Ergo, it would be wise to claim experience after 2007.

Additionally, add a separate page in the documents you submit clarifying how your title changed in company1. As long as you clarify any possible doubts in advance, there shouldn't be any issues.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes i joined as a software trainee -full time - paid.The last position i held was Software Engineer.but in my reference letter to ACS i only mentioned as Software engineer for the whole period ,as in reference letter progress in not mentioned.Now im worried
I dont think this will be an issue.

·
Registered
267 Posts
nothing to worry at all, it's fine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I talked to the DIBP regarding years of experience after receiving a +ve assessment from VetAssess. They said that candidates should only claim the amount of experience considered relevant by the assessing authority - in your case ACS. Ergo, it would be wise to claim experience after 2007.

Additionally, add a separate page in the documents you submit clarifying how your title changed in company1. As long as you clarify any possible doubts in advance, there shouldn't be any issues.
I will be submitting the appraisal letters showing my progress in the company.Do you think this should be enough here??

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Though i worked full time, as being a Software trainee i was paid very less,but i have payslips etc.Anything to worry regarding less pay?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I will be submitting the appraisal letters showing my progress in the company.Do you think this should be enough here??
As long as your paperwork is identical throughout the process, you'll be just fine. Do not unintentionally misrepresent. Be truthful, but do not submit something different to ACS, and something else to the DIBP. Consistency is key. If you were already a software engineer since 2007, you'll be fine...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As long as your paperwork is identical throughout the process, you'll be just fine. Do not unintentionally misrepresent. Be truthful, but do not submit something different to ACS, and something else to the DIBP. Consistency is key. If you were already a software engineer since 2007, you'll be fine...
I was a Junior Software engineer in 2007,only in 2008 i became a software engineer.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok thanks everybody..cheers!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts