Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just submitted my EOI and hopefully I would get an invitation very soon.

I noticed my previous health check was done on 25/03/2013 for my 485 visa, which means it may be used. In addition, I opted for HIV test and I think this result can still be used as well.

However, because 485 visa does not require HIV test, so I keeped this letter with me without open it. Am I required to send this letter to DIBP once I submit the 189 visa? Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've just been told by my friend that this letter is the overall result, not HIV result.

So unless the case officer ask, there is no need to send it to DIBP.

Is this information correct? Thanks

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi syfjhz22,

DIBP should have the results on file electronically. In the 189 visa application form there is a section that asks if you completed medicals within the last year and provide a reference, which allows the CO to look up the results and check if they can be re-used. The HIV test results will probably not show up in the system because they were not required (cf. Health Requirements). I'm not sure if you can supplement results or if you would have to re-do all examinations (X-ray, general examination).

Note that the medical results must still be valid (i.e. not older than a year) on the date your visa decision is made. Even if you get the invite soon it will take a couple of months until you get a CO, especially due to the upcoming holiday period in December - realistically speaking, there is a high chance that you'll have to re-do the entire medicals anyway.

All the best,
Monika

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi syfjhz22,

DIBP should have the results on file electronically. In the 189 visa application form there is a section that asks if you completed medicals within the last year and provide a reference, which allows the CO to look up the results and check if they can be re-used. The HIV test results will probably not show up in the system because they were not required. I'm not sure if you can supplement results or if you would have to re-do all examinations (X-ray, general examination).

Note that the medical results must still be valid (i.e. not older than a year) on the date your visa decision is made. Even if you get the invite soon it will take a couple of months until you get a CO, especially due to the upcoming holiday period in December - realistically speaking, there is a high chance that you'll have to re-do the entire medicals anyway.

All the best,
Monika
Thanks for your reply. It is very helpful.

I don't mind to re-do the medical check, just want to know if I need to send this letter which states "DO NOT OPEN, YOU MUST PRESENT THIS SEALED ENVELOPE TO THE DIAC" if I use the previous booking reference number.

Because the test will expire on 25/03/2014, I believe PR should be granted before this date, since current processing time is between 4 to 8 weeks from what I know.

Really appreciate your help, Monika.

BTW, HIV result is required for Permanent Residency.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi syfjhz22,

well, DIBP states that it takes around 10 weeks to get a CO and processing times vary widely. DIBP will only provide limited service over Christmas because that is the main holiday period in Australia, so that will likely increase the wait. Head over to the http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...lia/140550-awaiting-co-applicants-merged.html thread to get a better feeling for current timelines ;).

I know that the HIV test result is required for PR, however it was not required for your 485 visa, so the health clinic probably did not submit the results of that to DIBP. But hey, just wait for the invite, lodge your application and wait for the CO to guide you through the next steps...

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hi syfjhz22,

well, DIBP states that it takes around 10 weeks to get a CO and processing times vary widely. DIBP will only provide limited service over Christmas because that is the main holiday period in Australia, so that will likely increase the wait. Head over to the http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...lia/140550-awaiting-co-applicants-merged.html thread to get a better feeling for current timelines ;).

I know that the HIV test result is required for PR, however it was not required for your 485 visa, so the health clinic probably did not submit the results of that to DIBP. But hey, just wait for the invite, lodge your application and wait for the CO to guide you through the next steps...

Cheers,
Monika
Thanks for your information. It is very helpful.

Do you think I should go for another health check before a CO is allocated or wait for CO's instruction? Thanks again Monika

1 - 6 of 6 Posts