Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,

Please if anyone can help,

I applied to ACS under RPL with BSc in electrical engineering , and got assessed positively, deducted 6 years and have finally 3 years of experience. My agent filed eoi but i found that i didn't add an assessment for my education bachelor as ACS didn't mention anything about my academics. I returned to my agent he told me i don't need to do vetassess as my bachelor is from a recognized university in CEP list and vetassess will be a waste of money, so? is he right? i can claim the bachelor 15 points without the need of vetassess or he is wrong and i will have problems if i got invited?

Another question. another office told me that if i made the vetassess i can also claim the wasted 6 years of experience deducted by ACS and in that case i can claim for 9 years is that right?

Thanks all

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Your first agent is right about VETASSESS. Moreover, if a visa case officer is not satisfied or unsure about recognition of your degree, they will write to you and you can then approach VETASSESS at that time.

The second advice about possibility of claiming 9 years of work experience is not true. See page#5 of Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants - August 2017.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts