Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,, Many years ago I went to the Philippines & had a wonderful time , Now 40 & I have had a live changing Event & my mind & health took a bad few hits!
So I would like to the Philippines again & i'm asking & looking for quiet places with real People , where I can rest up & get back on my 2 feet again,,, Not Looking for bars ! Hookers ! Dramas ,,,,, Looking for peace & good folk

It would be also good if you could give me some Idea an a Budget for a man who Roughs it a bit , its been 20 years since sine I was there & I guess its change a lot ,,,,,,,,, Pete Sydney Ite ! Thanks

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Life

Hi Pete,

In over ten years I have found the Philippines anything but quiet. But it is or can be relaxing and enjoyable.
Subic Bay to me, would be the ideal place to regain peace of mind and body. Yea, the country has really changed a lot over the years and there are many places to enjoy life. Subic has great housing areas as well as restaurants and shopping malls. Take a look a Jon's links and see what ya think.

Good luck and hope ya find the "right" place;)...

Reactions: M.C.A.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't think price will factor too much as everything is pretty inexpensive.

I think what it will come down to is how "native" you want to go. Do you want to stay with all of the amenities, or do you want to go back to nature a bit?

welcome aboard.

·
Super Moderator
3,601 Posts
Vacation

Hello ,, Many years ago I went to the Philippines & had a wonderful time , Now 40 & I have had a live changing Event & my mind & health took a bad few hits!
So I would like to the Philippines again & i'm asking & looking for quiet places with real People , where I can rest up & get back on my 2 feet again,,, Not Looking for bars ! Hookers ! Dramas ,,,,, Looking for peace & good folk

It would be also good if you could give me some Idea an a Budget for a man who Roughs it a bit , its been 20 years since sine I was there & I guess its change a lot ,,,,,,,,, Pete Sydney Ite ! Thanks
Pete might be a good idea to take a vacation first and look around, peace will be hard to come by here when out and about, services aren't up to par with the Western world unless you have the cash and want to live in Manila and patience is a virtue, your personal space will be shortened some, could end up being a nightmare for you because most men come here to find a women or start a new family.

Drama is very big here & good friends means you pay for everything, people will love you but it's all on you, you run out of money your friends show back up on pay day.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Pete might be a good idea to take a vacation first and look around, peace will be hard to come by here when out and about, services aren't up to par with the Western world unless you have the cash and want to live in Manila and patience is a virtue, your personal space will be shortened some, could end up being a nightmare for you because most men come here to find a women or start a new family.

Drama is very big here & good friends means you pay for everything, people will love you but it's all on you, you run out of money your friends show back up on pay day.
This post just about sums it up in a nut shell. 100% truth and would also suggest a good vacation here before any move...

Reactions: M.C.A.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts