Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have a query on SD in general....

1) I know that the person shud be of a supervisory or managerial level..is it acceptable if the person is team lead or tech lead?? i think shud be ok...not sure
further on this point....I have this guy who was there with company XXX when I joined as a fresher same company..but now he is team lead...obviously he was senior to me at the time of joining time but not team lead....so can i get SD from him???

QSTN Boils down to : The person shud be currently in a higher role to write SD or during the time I worked for company XXX he should have been on higher role??
please hep me here

Another qstn is regarding reference letters...i Just read somewhere in some other forum by some person that you can not get the soft copies certified as true copies.. but i think now a days companies share only soft copy documents only...so is it really the case...??
I only have soft copies from companies not hard copy documents for employer reference..
plz shed some light on this dark area...thnx in advance

·
Registered
23,871 Posts
Hi Guys,

1) I know that the person shud be of a supervisory or managerial level..is it acceptable if the person is team lead or tech lead?? i think shud be ok...not sure
further on this point....I have this guy who was there with company XXX when I joined as a fresher same company..but now he is team lead...obviously he was senior to me at the time of joining time but not team lead....so can i get SD from him???

QSTN Boils down to : The person shud be currently in a higher role to write SD or during the time I worked for company XXX he should have been on higher role??
please hep me here

Another qstn is regarding reference letters...i Just read somewhere in some other forum by some person that you can not get the soft copies certified as true copies.. but i think now a days companies share only soft copy documents only...so is it really the case...??
I only have soft copies from companies not hard copy documents for employer reference..
Your team leader is your supervisor.
So that solves your 1st problem

Its not a question of of higher or lower role
What ACS Believesis that only a manager or supervisor who is interacting with you on regular basis would be aware of your RNR.
A colleague no matter how senior, would not be really aware of your actual RNR in the company over a period of time
So it has to be preferably your manager or supervisor, but if that is not possible, then as a last resort you can use your colleague and hope for the best

I do not know which companies are issuing reference letters in soft copies only

I have worked in 2 of the biggest companies in the world and both have issued me hard copies of the Reference letter and service certificate
You can write to ACS and seek clarification if a soft copy of the reference letter is acceptable
BTW, is it digitally signed at least ?

In NZ, the notaries certify documents as true copies if they are digitally signed.
In which country would you be getting the documents notarised?
You can check the local notaries and ask them if they can do it

Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Guys,

please hep me here

Your team leader is your supervisor.
So that solves your 1st problem

Its not a question of of higher or lower role
What ACS Believesis that only a manager or supervisor who is interacting with you on regular basis would be aware of your RNR.
A colleague no matter how senior, would not be really aware of your actual RNR in the company over a period of time
So it has to be preferably your manager or supervisor, but if that is not possible, then as a last resort you can use your colleague and hope for the best

I do not know which companies are issuing reference letters in soft copies only

I have worked in 2 of the biggest companies in the world and both have issued me hard copies of the Reference letter and service certificate
You can write to ACS and seek clarification if a soft copy of the reference letter is acceptable
BTW, is it digitally signed at least ?

In NZ, the notaries certify documents as true copies if they are digitally signed.
In which country would you be getting the documents notarised?
You can check the local notaries and ask them if they can do it

Cheers
Hi Newbienz,
I have to get it notarized in india...i think i can manage this...they accept in india softcopies to notarize....but in later stages if lets say i will share the digital copies of ref letter then do u think it may cause any issues with DIBP..as i dun have hard copies...and plus in the softcopies it is written at the footer that this is a system generated letter sent to employee in electronic form.
Other one says:
' this eletter is secure and when printed is a valid document for the associate.
Do you forsee any issues from ur exp??

Also again on sd part...the person i m planning to get sd is a team lead now but was a senior collegue while i worked for same company along with him...
Can be acceptable...??
I very well understand that it shud be the supervisor or manager but hard to get hold of these guys plus right now m out of india..
Plz suggest...

·
Registered
23,871 Posts
Hi Newbienz,
I have to get it notarized in india...i think i can manage this...they accept in india softcopies to notarize....but in later stages if lets say i will share the digital copies of ref letter then do u think it may cause any issues with DIBP..as i dun have hard copies...and plus in the softcopies it is written at the footer that this is a system generated letter sent to employee in electronic form.
Other one says:
' this eletter is secure and when printed is a valid document for the associate.
Do you forsee any issues from ur exp??

Also again on sd part...the person i m planning to get sd is a team lead now but was a senior collegue while i worked for same company along with him...
Can be acceptable...??
I very well understand that it shud be the supervisor or manager but hard to get hold of these guys plus right now m out of india..
Plz suggest...

What more can I say

I have given you what is preferable but we always cant have all we want
We have to make do with what we have

Most likely it should not be a major issue and your grant should come through
In case the CO asks for any specific document, you can ask for specific advise then

Get your ACS assessment done and then take it from there

Cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
i second to what newbienz has said.. the companies do provide hard copies if you ask them which can be attested .. and if some company is providing soft copy it is digitally signed which can again be attested.. worst case you take print out get a the company issuing you the experience to put a seal on it with the which again can be attested.. again getting attestation in india should not be a problem since you would be taking all other documents along for the same attestation...

regarding the SD as newbienz said if the person was your manager when you were working in that specific company would know what work you do which are RnR... lets say if that manager or lead is not there in that he or she can still sign the SD providing what was his or her position at that time and where he or she is currently working along with email id phone number and business card should convey the message to the acs.. again all these are self thought ideas where in you are trying to strengthen the proofs provided so that there is no delay in acs processing...

even is the acs asks for some other document you can approach the company to provide the same at that time or situation which again is case to case basis you cannot assume what could happen or be prepared for something that has not happened nor you know for sure would happen...

relax i think you ares stressed out relax and put things together for the acs all the best ... newbienz please correct me if i am wrong at any point ..thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i second to what newbienz has said.. the companies do provide hard copies if you ask them which can be attested .. and if some company is providing soft copy it is digitally signed which can again be attested.. worst case you take print out get a the company issuing you the experience to put a seal on it with the which again can be attested.. again getting attestation in india should not be a problem since you would be taking all other documents along for the same attestation...

regarding the SD as newbienz said if the person was your manager when you were working in that specific company would know what work you do which are RnR... lets say if that manager or lead is not there in that he or she can still sign the SD providing what was his or her position at that time and where he or she is currently working along with email id phone number and business card should convey the message to the acs.. again all these are self thought ideas where in you are trying to strengthen the proofs provided so that there is no delay in acs processing...

even is the acs asks for some other document you can approach the company to provide the same at that time or situation which again is case to case basis you cannot assume what could happen or be prepared for something that has not happened nor you know for sure would happen...

relax i think you ares stressed out relax and put things together for the acs all the best ... newbienz please correct me if i am wrong at any point ..thanks
Thanks guys at least receiving some replies is very heartning....
Otherwise sometimes looking at the intricacies and doubts u tend u think better wud have been if i had agent on my side...but people share their exp as to wat they experienced is good.may be i would also contribute once i am thru with my first step...thnx!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
i dont have any experience with agent and i believe if i do things i would it right and with this forum and people who share the knowledge i think everything has a way out ... ACS is the only thing where it is kind of complex or rather very important initial phase after that it is details about you and your dependents and usual process.. ( iam trying to sound simple just to motivate and spread a positive vibe ) in short its do able and all the support is available .. all the best ...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont have any experience with agent and i believe if i do things i would it right and with this forum and people who share the knowledge i think everything has a way out ... ACS is the only thing where it is kind of complex or rather very important initial phase after that it is details about you and your dependents and usual process.. ( iam trying to sound simple just to motivate and spread a positive vibe ) in short its do able and all the support is available .. all the best ...
You are correct buddy...thnx!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts