Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm trying to get my husband from Japan out here, we've been married for a year or so and he's been offered work here at the end of May.
I'm fine with all the financial requirements and other information, the only problem is that he needs to get here before the end of May and the English test isnt until the 7th of June and then he has to wait for results.
We cant seem to get anyone on the phone about this issue, and he's pushed his appointments twice already.
He's an English Teacher and writes English courses, but he doesnt have a degree that was taught in English and whatnot.
Can someone provide me some information on whether he'll be exempt on these grounds or not? If not, what are my options?
We gave up our home in Japan to move to England and he's staying in temporary housing right now, so I'm beyond worried that he might end up homeless even though we have a beautiful home here.

Please help me, I'm beyond tired and scared.

·
Super Moderator
18,059 Posts
No, he is not exempt from either taking and passing an approved English language exam or having a degree taught in English and recognised by NARIC.

See the link:

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/knowledge-of-english

Unfortunately, your only option is to wait to apply until he has passed an English language test and then apply for a spouse visa.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Even if he does make it over here by that time, he can't legally take up work as a visitor without a visa.
If he hasn't even got as far as applying for the spousal visa yet, I'm afraid it's a cart before horse situation. He needs to secure his visa (and therefore, his right to work) before arranging employment.

·
Super Moderator
18,059 Posts
Why he doesn't apply for work visa?
An employer needs to be able to sponsor him for a work visa and he has the English requirement is the same. So, until he passes and English test he can't apply for a work or spouse visa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.