Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I really could do with your help. I have interviewed a fantastic maid who's contract expires on the 6th Nov. She spoke to her male employer and explained that she wanted a new challenge and would he be happy with her going for interviews - the answer was Yes!

Basically this poor girl is being exploited and only gets 1 or 2 days off a month and works 15 hour days with a salary of 1200 dhs per month. She doesn't have her own room and shares with the 10 yr old daughter.

Basically she mentioned to the Lady of the house very politely that she wanted to move on and she had been with them for 4 years been very loyal, trustworthy ect. This didn't go down very well l- which I am not surprised at and she was given 2 options :stay with thefamily and she will get an increase and 1 day off per week or they will pay for her to go home! As she has had enough of being exploited she would rather go home!! I think they are doing this out of spite!

My questions really is where do we stand - I understand if she goes home she can't return before 6 months! We are prepared to talk to the family and try and rationalise with them once the dust settles and they realise she is leaving anyway.

Just wondered your thoughts on it - really want to hire this Lady as I feel she will fit well into our family!

Thanks

·
Banned
598 Posts
Her sponsor now can give her a release at the end of the agreement or they can cancel the visa where she will have to go home for 6 months.
The people that employed our nanny before she came to live with us were saying the same things as the one you are dealing with. We spoke with them very cordial and came to the agreement that they would indeed release her so we could transfer the visa to us and go from there.
It is rather unfortunate that these things happen but they do. You will have to speak to those people, you will need to be very nice and try to kill them with kindness even though they are not good people. But there is a very good chance that they will be very negative and try to hurt the nanny any way possible.
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.