Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am applying for the australian PR and have few confusions. I have consulted an agent but unable to get a satisfactory assessment.

Background: I have spent around 13 years combined as software engg, senior software engg and then lead and technical manager for a test automation development team. I then moved to start my own software company and for the last 5 years have involved myself in running the company and in software development.

Overall i have been in the software industry for 18 years.

I have a confusion on which skill assessment should I do

- as Software engineer
or
- ICT project manager or development manager

a) Which one is better for my type of experience?

b) If i apply for software engineer assessment, can I apply for a position of say software project manager/lead after my PR is granted.

c) Can i set up a software company once i get the PR as a software engineer?

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bung

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hi,

I am applying for the australian PR and have few confusions. I have consulted an agent but unable to get a satisfactory assessment.

Background: I have spent around 13 years combined as software engg, senior software engg and then lead and technical manager for a test automation development team. I then moved to start my own software company and for the last 5 years have involved myself in running the company and in software development.

Overall i have been in the software industry for 18 years.

I have a confusion on which skill assessment should I do

- as Software engineer
or
- ICT project manager or development manager

a) Which one is better for my type of experience?

b) If i apply for software engineer assessment, can I apply for a position of say software project manager/lead after my PR is granted.

c) Can i set up a software company once i get the PR as a software engineer?

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bung
No-one can tell you which profile best matches your experience. You need to choose. That said, take into account where you are able to gain an invite with each skill profile, if you believe your experience matches more than one. Anzscosearch might be of use. Second, be aware that running a software dev company is great, but it's not software development. You will need to provide evidence of using these skills with clients/customers as the majority of your full time work.

To answer your other questions: your 189/190 skill does not limit work you can take to that skill only. You can take whatever job you wish, or start up your own business.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot.

As for the experience to show my involvement in software development role while running the company, what kind of certificate or formal letter is required?

Regards,
Bung

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thanks a lot.

As for the experience to show my involvement in software development role while running the company, what kind of certificate or formal letter is required?

Regards,
Bung
Personally I deliver professional services to clients, so used my contract with clients alongside a reference from the budget holder at the client, a declaration from my accountant on revenues and tax paid, and my registration by the chamber of commerce.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts