Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a family to au pair with (for 9mos!) and am looking for a class to take for my visa requirement.

The Houston consulate page says the class must be 20HRS/WK but all the au pair programs I can find in Paris don't offer more than 6-10hrs a week.

Does anyone know of any au pair courses in Paris that would give me 20hrs/wk? I already have my C1 in French, so culture classes or even some kind of certification class would be good. I'm open to exploring almost anything. Just being in Paris and speaking French and meeting people my age (22) is the real goal.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hmmm....20hrs/week is quite a lot, isn't it? Sorry I haven't studied in Paris so I'm not much help, but I hear that La Sorbonne offers lots of good quality classes for learners of French. Maybe at the end of your stay you can sit the C2 :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I even wondered if it was maybe a mistake on the consulate page. Since you're already working as an au pair during the week, 20 hours of study seems like a lot to ask... plus it seems that other au pair visas must ask for only 6-10, since that's what the market is providing. But... can't argue with visa rules.

·
Administrator
49,777 Posts
The standard venues are the Sorbonne and Alliance Française. Or, can you take two classes at 10 hours each?
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.