Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how I did it, but somehow I misplaced my OFII forms. I am already in France with my spousal visa/carte de sejour but I went to the pre facture today and she told me that it is super important to do. I am kinda freaking out! Any advice?

·
Administrator
51,309 Posts
Which OFII forms have you misplaced? If it's the initial ones from the consulate that you had on entry, you can try calling the OFII to see what, if anything, can be done. (I know they used to have to be stamped on entry to France, but folks have been saying they don't do that anymore.) I believe these forms can also be downloaded on the consulate websites in their visa section.

If it's the certificates proving that you have attended the civics classes, had your medical exam or completed other parts of your contract of integration, you're going to have to find those certificates because to my knowledge they don't issue copies.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Bev, for the advice
I just tried calling every single office in France..and quel surpris not one of the answered. SO I wrote an e mail..we shall see where this gets me :/

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thanks, Bev, for the advice
I just tried calling every single office in France..and quel surpris not one of the answered. SO I wrote an e mail..we shall see where this gets me :/
If you need a quick answer, I highly recommend going to your OFII office in person. Email seems to have an even lower success rate than phone calls with French public offices.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Which OFII forms have you misplaced? If it's the initial ones from the consulate that you had on entry, you can try calling the OFII to see what, if anything, can be done. (I know they used to have to be stamped on entry to France, but folks have been saying they don't do that anymore.) I believe these forms can also be downloaded on the consulate websites in their visa section. If it's the certificates proving that you have attended the civics classes, had your medical exam or completed other parts of your contract of integration, you're going to have to find those certificates because to my knowledge they don't issue copies. Cheers, Bev
When I went for both Life in France and the Civics classes they made it very clear that if you misplaced or lost the certificates, the only way to obtain another one was to retake the classes. Warm regards!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you need a quick answer, I highly recommend going to your OFII office in person. Email seems to have an even lower success rate than phone calls with French public offices.
My personal office for my location is a 6 hour drive away. I did have some success with the Grenoble office-but all they did was ask me what type I have and have not responded. I took matters into my own hands and sent everything anyway with a new copy and a letter explaining.
So now I wait

P.S It is the initial form to get the rendezvous medicale that I am missing. So I just printed off another one and sent it...J’enai marre des fois d'attendre le gouvernent içi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.