Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all, I am new to this forum. I have received an invitation to apply for 189 visa and my spouse has Chronic Urticaria from past few years. It doesn't affect her quality of live and controlled with medicines. Anyone with similar condition got their medicals cleared. Please share your experiences. We are worried about this. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Dear all, I am new to this forum. I have received an invitation to apply for 189 visa and my spouse has Chronic Urticaria from past few years. It doesn't affect her quality of live and controlled with medicines. Anyone with similar condition got their medicals cleared. Please share your experiences. We are worried about this. Thank you in advance.
Generally speaking if a medical condition is not contagious, not a disability and may not cost the government of Australia lot of money to treat it, I dont think it will be a problem.

I had a medical condition, tear in retina of the eyes and had a surgery. My medicals came positive.

I suggest you to do medicals and once it is done they will send it to Bupa Medical services Australia and they will reply back regarding it.

Please post your timeline to understand more about your case

·
Registered
37 Posts
Generally speaking if a medical condition is not contagious, not a disability and may not cost the government of Australia lot of money to treat it, I dont think it will be a problem.

I had a medical condition, tear in retina of the eyes and had a surgery. My medicals came positive.

I suggest you to do medicals and once it is done they will send it to Bupa Medical services Australia and they will reply back regarding it.

Hi Members,

I have submitted my 189 VISA application from India (spouse included). We have completed medicals on 5-Aug-17 and currently the status in IMMI account shows the below message.

“Health clearance provided – no action required.”

However, during the medicals, we had disclosed that my spouse was/is currently in medication related to Rheumatoid arthritis which was active a year ago, and is in remission now. We have observed that the hospital staff had mentioned this “RA in remission” on the HAP medical file.

Could someone share any thoughts how this may impact the VISA application and what could Case officer may ask further?

We have not attached any other documents related to Medicals, other than mentioning the HAP id in the application.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Members,

I have submitted my 189 VISA application from India (spouse included). We have completed medicals on 5-Aug-17 and currently the status in IMMI account shows the below message.

However, during the medicals, we had disclosed that my spouse was/is currently in medication related to Rheumatoid arthritis which was active a year ago, and is in remission now. We have observed that the hospital staff had mentioned this “RA in remission” on the HAP medical file.

Could someone share any thoughts how this may impact the VISA application and what could Case officer may ask further?

We have not attached any other documents related to Medicals, other than mentioning the HAP id in the application.

Thanks,
Since medical clearance is given so all looks good.

Now its up to the CO to ask for any documentation which he/she may OR may not.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hi Members,

Thanks,
Hi,
Generally cured diseases does not affect visa applications and moreover, arthritis is not contagious, hence it will not affect your visa application. In case of need, CO may ask of some additional tests. So, dnt worry everything will be fine.

Reactions: adithya.avrs

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Members,

Thanks,
Hi adithya.avrs,

What is your application status showing??
I think “Health clearance provided – no action required.” means you are through and further CO may ask for form 815 (health undertaking) if required. Please update.
Cheers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Since medical clearance is given so all looks good.

Now its up to the CO to ask for any documentation which he/she may OR may not.
Thanks for the response. Eagerly waiting for CO.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi adithya.avrs,

What is your application status showing??
I think “Health clearance provided – no action required.” means you are through and further CO may ask for form 815 (health undertaking) if required. Please update.
Cheers.
Thanks for the input. I have gone through the form 815 and it looks like it is specifically for tuberculosis. I am wondering if the same form would be asked for other scenarios.

As for my application status:
1. Visa (skilled migration) is shown as "Received and will be assessed"
2. Health: "Submitted"

Health clearance provided – no action required

All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thank you for your response. We are worried because this condition may be considered as an autoimmune disease and not sure about the stand that they take for applicants with this condition.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Members,

Thanks,
Hi,
If I am not wrong, is Rheumatoid Arthritis also considered as an autoimmune disease? Were you asked to do any additional tests during your spouse’s medicals for this reason?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thanks for the input. I have gone through the form 815 and it looks like it is specifically for tuberculosis. I am wondering if the same form would be asked for other scenarios.

As for my application status:
1. Visa (skilled migration) is shown as "Received and will be assessed"
2. Health: "Submitted"

Health clearance provided – no action required

All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime.
I dont think they will ask for Form 815 as it is for TB... may be some other form...

I think you are worrying too much... Getting "Health Clearance Provided " is the big stage for Medicals part..You have crossed that dont worry... In case any additional tests are required either in home country or once you land in Australia will be decided by CO.

Im sure this phase of fear will pass away...Dont worry...Wishing you best of luck in your Grant :)

PM me once you got your grant :)

AbhayJha said:
Hi,
If I am not wrong, is Rheumatoid Arthritis also considered as an autoimmune disease? Were you asked to do any additional tests during your spouse’s medicals for this reason?
Yes it is autoimmune as far I read

Reactions: adithya.avrs

·
Registered
458 Posts
Thank you for your response. We are worried because this condition may be considered as an autoimmune disease and not sure about the stand that they take for applicants with this condition.

Please go through medicals...you will get your answers... You can make decision after medical results uploaded and then decide to apply for VISA or not

As I said earlier, your case will might be forwarded to Bupa Medicals in Australia and they will reply back..

Good luck :)

·
Registered
23,838 Posts
Please go through medicals...you will get your answers... You can make decision after medical results uploaded and then decide to apply for VISA or not

As I said earlier, your case will might be forwarded to Bupa Medicals in Australia and they will reply back..

Good luck :)
Are you sure they process the medicals report further which requires them to send them to BUPA ?

From what I understand, they will be processed further only after you have paid the visa fees

Do recheck

Cheers

·
Registered
458 Posts
Are you sure they process the medicals report further which requires them to send them to BUPA ?

From what I understand, they will be processed further only after you have paid the visa fees

Do recheck

Cheers
Im 100% positive... thats what happened to me as I went for medicals even before invite...

After Medicals my case was referred to BUPA and they gave clearance very next day

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi,

Yes, it is an autoimmune disease.While generating the HAP ID we have mentioned about RA,current medications.There were no additional tests involved,however the doctor wrote on top of the file as "1yr RA".After 3days the status updated as "Health clearance provided".

Reactions: AbhayJha

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, it is an autoimmune disease.While generating the HAP ID we have mentioned about RA,current medications.There were no additional tests involved,however the doctor wrote on top of the file as "1yr RA".After 3days the status updated as "Health clearance provided".
Thank you all very much for your response. Sounds like it will be a better idea to go for medicals first. I will update this space once I get the medical results for others to refer in need. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you. Did you submit any additional reports or letters from your GP/immunologist etc or did they ask for any other previous supporting documents? Also where were your medicals done?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im 100% positive... thats what happened to me as I went for medicals even before invite...

After Medicals my case was referred to BUPA and they gave clearance very next day
So you got your clearance before you paid the visa fees? Then that looks like a better thing to do in my case too.

·
Registered
458 Posts
So you got your clearance before you paid the visa fees? Then that looks like a better thing to do in my case too.

Yes indeed. Thats why I recommended you to go medicals first, you will know the result.
Then decide based on that.

I got clearance before I got invitation :) . it took around 10-12 working days though

Reactions: AbhayJha

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes indeed. Thats why I recommended you to go medicals first, you will know the result.
Then decide based on that.

I got clearance before I got invitation :) . it took around 10-12 working days though
That sounds great. Thank you for the advice.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts