Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I am 26 and moving to Paris for work in July and having a mini freak out because I was using this website 'parisattitude' to find a studio but it turns out you're looking at an agency fee of 900euros, two months rent as deposit and obviously having to pay the first months rent in advance.

Ideally, I'd like to get out there and stay somewhere temporarily so I can view the apartments and not end up signing up for year lease in a bad neighbourhood.

MORE ideally I would like to find a flatshare since I've moved to Paris once for an erasmus year and I know it can be very lonely unless you have a good network of friends.

I have tried, 'appartager' but am having no luck finding people who might be up for living with someone whose French isn't great since I haven't used it in sooo long.

Any help would be really appreciated. I have looked at fusac, lodgis has the same issue as parisattitude. Apparently I am JUST too old to stay a dorm for young workers...

·
Administrator
50,027 Posts
You are probably going to want to look into booking a hotel, apart-hotel or other short term accommodation for the first 2 to 3 weeks that you are here. That will allow you to do your flat hunting face to face, as Internet listings (for flat or flat shares) can be incredibly deceptive.

Google the term "co-location" (which is the term for flat shares here) and you'll run into lots of agencies that handle mostly this. Example: Colocation.fr - Le site officiel de la colocation et des colocataires Can't vouch for any of them from experience, but it's becoming the "in" way for young people to afford living in Paris.
Cheers,
Bev

G

·
If you book for 2-3 weeks with Lodgis (less than 1 month) then the rental fee is included in the price and they charge only a 200-300 euro deposit - call them and negotiate the security deposit they may quote you a 1 month security deposit but they come down to under 500 euros depending on the price / value of the apartment. You need to look under vacation rentals on Lodgis for this, also there are other agencies that charge less - look at Paris Apartments - Furnished Rental - Book-A-Flat.com - if you are booking an apartment upto 5 months they charge only 1 month security.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You might want to take a look at Craigslist for Paris as well. I use this website quite frequently for other things but they do have a Room Share section. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.