Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody

I am married to a man who is settled in UK, and I have applied for a visa to inter UK twice, and my applications was refused:mad:. and now I have a determination that allows me to inter UK. so I want to make sure that this application is completed and right. so please help me in the following questions

1- I am pregnant now, and my husband has an "Indefinite leave to remain" visa, so what is the kind of visa that I have to apply, and the kind of visa that I will apply for the child?

2- do you have any idea about how much the visa fees that I will pay for the two applications ?

3- also, what are the documents I have to submit about me?? shall I submit my bank statement and employer letter, as I'm planning to inter and stay as a housewife, I'm not planning to work in UK

4- can you please help me with list with needed supporting documents??

thank you very much in advance

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Apart from your past refusals, which complicate things and make them scrutinise any further application, you need a spouse settlement visa being married to a person settled in UK. If you give birth in UK, the child will be British otherwise than by descent. If you give birth abroad, the child won't be British from birth and will need a dependant's visa. I think the visa fee is the same as yours, at US$1405 applying in Jordan.
There are three main requirements for your visa - financial (your husband must be earning £18,600 for one visa, £22,400 for two), accommodation and genuine relationship. If you have your child abroad, you have to complete a separate application for him/her. Your documents mainly relate to your ID, marriage certificate, child's birth certificate etc. You don't need anything about your finance or work, unless you need to use your savings to meet the financial requirement.
Your other documents are listed on UKBA site, and there are threads here from others about what they have submitted (to be read with caution as no personal circumstances agree).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apart from your past refusals, which complicate things and make them scrutinise any further application, you need a spouse settlement visa being married to a person settled in UK. If you give birth in UK, the child will be British otherwise than by descent. If you give birth abroad, the child won't be British from birth and will need a dependant's visa. I think the visa fee is the same as yours, at US$1405 applying in Jordan.
There are three main requirements for your visa - financial (your husband must be earning £18,600 for one visa, £22,400 for two), accommodation and genuine relationship. If you have your child abroad, you have to complete a separate application for him/her. Your documents mainly relate to your ID, marriage certificate, child's birth certificate etc. You don't need anything about your finance or work, unless you need to use your savings to meet the financial requirement.
Your other documents are listed on UKBA site, and there are threads here from others about what they have submitted (to be read with caution as no personal circumstances agree).

thank you Joppa for your reply

about the past refusals, the home office already knows about them.:mad2::mad2:
I will apply for the visa after receiving the baby, so that I will apply for him also. so can you please help me also in the following:

1- I will apply for my self for a settlement visa, is the visa needed for the child also settlement category, or there is another category?

2- for the financial supporting documents, do we need 2 copies from each one, 1 copy for each application, or the 2 applications will be treated as 1 package, and needs only 1 copy from each supporting document?

3- is there any application or form my husband must fill and submit??

thank you again

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes it's the same visa and your husband can be sponsor for both.
No, supporting documents where necessary can be shared. Apply together and submit one set of documents.
He should complete Appendix 2 (one copy for both visas) and send it to you with his supporting documents to be included in your applications.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it's the same visa and your husband can be sponsor for both.
No, supporting documents where necessary can be shared. Apply together and submit one set of documents.
He should complete Appendix 2 (one copy for both visas) and send it to you with his supporting documents to be included in your applications.

thank you Joppa for your answer, so what is the part in Appendix 2 is about the child??? and isn't it me who is asked to fill that appendix???

also, is there any special supporting documents I have to submit for the child? other than his birth certificate and passport??

this appendix must be filled manually, not online, isn't it??

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Appendix 2 is about how you meet the financial requirement. Having a child means you need more - £22,400. While you can complete it, it's easier for your husband as it's his financial affairs that are relevant (unless you have savings that are going to contribute to it). You need the child's birth certificate, passport and two photographs. Yes, he should download it and complete by hand.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Appendix 2 is about how you meet the financial requirement. Having a child means you need more - £22,400. While you can complete it, it's easier for your husband as it's his financial affairs that are relevant (unless you have savings that are going to contribute to it). You need the child's birth certificate, passport and two photographs. Yes, he should download it and complete by hand.
Hi everybody
My child was born 2 weeks ago, and this day I completed the application, submitted them and paid the fees
When u tried to book an appointment, I found that I have to book 2 times, one for each application. So how can I share the supporting documents??
Also if I have to submit the supporting document separately for each application, how can I get all documents originals? For example the P60?? How can I get 2 originals??

Please reply me coz I paid the fees

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Try to book consecutive appointments, and explain at the first that you are making a joint application with shared documents. This should do the trick.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try to book consecutive appointments, and explain at the first that you are making a joint application with shared documents. This should do the trick.
Is it common to share the supporting documents? Coz they are really sharp in such issues
Is there any other thing I can do?
If I want to refund my application, how much will they pay back to me??

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, family applications commonly involve shared documents.
Not really.
You can get a full refund if no biometrics have been given.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello everybody

I got my visa 2 days ago, al7amdella. And planning to travil to uk on 3/march, so I wanna check within how many days I have to leave Jordan?? Also I got a spouse visa while my baby got a settlement one, both will expire after 35 monthes, so what's next??

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Your visa should be good for 33 months. You should arrive with 30 months left on the visa. If you do, then in 2.5 years you apply for further leave to remain FLR (M) which is good for another 2.5 years. After 5 years and passing the Life in the UK test and an English language test you can apply for indefinite leave to remain ILR and then citizenship if you wish.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thax guys for ur replies
My son got a settlement visa, can he get the citizenship next year?? If yes what are the needed documents that I have to bring from Jordan?

For me if I left uk within the 5 years and then get back, shall I apply again for a new entry clearance, or will I have just to renew the spouse visa and start counting the 5 years from the beginning??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.