Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hai all...please help me.i have been in ras al khima for 3months after 1 month,i signed the labor contract .its a limited period contract (3 year)valid from my joining date.as per the contract my probation period is 3 months & total salary is 2500uae dirham.(basic salary is 1500&other is 1000.what they mean ed OTHER? i don't know) however my total salary is shown 2500. and the duty time is 8 hours..but in this company labor duty is running 10 hours per day that is 9 hour duty and 1 hour lunch break.i think this is the first breaching of the labor contract...actually this is not my major problem.....
2 months i got my actual salary and the third month i got only 1500..the manager said they cant give my actual salary .i said , if you need me,pay my actual salary and keep me here.other wise send me back i am ready to go back.....

because i am not happy with that salary.actually as per contract my probation period was finished.but they said ,i am still in the probation period. i remembered them,, there is 3 month shown in the contract... they replay me they can increase that up to 6 months. is that possible?

they are not willing to give the actual salary and send me back.a lot of other problems are here

the housing they provided was not good.that is a very small room roofed by asbestos sheet,it is not enough for 2 person but they put 4 people there.and a hundreds of big rats playing in side the camp.we have to walk through the toilet waste watter overflowing from the manhole to reach the room.that spread-ed at the ground. i think the ministry not take care off the RAS AL KHIMA CITY. or the rule keeping only in the DUBAI. totally i am despaired. i think i am joined in a wrong company.what can i do?to get my previous pending and actual salary on this month. what can i do to get my writes?or to go back?
where i say this all? i am very scared because others said our boss still have a good hand in the ministry because he was a former engineer in the ministry.i am alone here ..nobody to signpost what to do?please please help me

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
:( I cant help. BUT I sympathize with you. I hope someone can help and something can be done.

This 50%or so of the population being in the same category and treated this way, is the a big reason why I dont like U.A.E. and don't believe I ever will.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Regardless of who your boss is, if the terms of your contract are not being honoured then you can lodge a complaint with the Ministry of Labour. They will contact your employer directly and set up an initial meeting to discuss the problems raised. If you go down this route, I would strongly suggest that you take someone with you who can speak Arabic.

With regards to probation - the maximum period allowed by labour law is 6 months BUT a shorter period can be agreed between the employer and employee. Providing this is actually written into your contract and you have not received any written notice of extension, you have grounds to argue that your probation period is now complete. Again I would suggest you seek advice from the Ministry of Labour on this point.

As you have signed a limited contract, there are penalties which can be incurred if either you or your employer ends this before the agreed period - but I can't give exact advise as this would be affected by whether you were classed as a confirmed employee or not. If you are still deemed to be in your probation period, either yourself or your employer can end your contract at any time subject to a valid reason / reasonable notice (usually 1 week).

I can't advise on the housing issue I'm afraid.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.