Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I'm new to this forum and have recently decided to apply for a PR. Please help me calculate my points and check for my eligibility.

Following are my particulars:
BE in Mech
Working for Bank of New York in India and have total work ex as a Software Engineer of 5.7yrs
IELTS: L L,R,S,W - 6.5,7,7,7

I guess this much info is all, else let me know.

And also let me know which Skills Application Type to select for ACS - Skills or RPL ?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi Raj,
For points calculation you can check directly on the immi website.
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
You can apply under 189 skilled independent VISA which can allow you to work anywhere in Aus.
Seeing you are a B.E in Mech means you need to go via ACS RPL route.
ACS will deduct 6 Years from your total experience so don't think you can claim any points for experience here.
Look for your points and see whether you are able to get 60 points which are the minimum required to lodge an EOI.
My suggestion is go through one of the sticky threads on the home page
Thinking of emigrating?
you will get al details there. First read through that then you can post your queries to seniors here.
I am also a newbie but I would suggest do some research and then post. :)

Reactions: handsyraj

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hello folks,

I'm new to this forum and have recently decided to apply for a PR. Please help me calculate my points and check for my eligibility.

Following are my particulars:
BE in Mech
Working for Bank of New York in India and have total work ex as a Software Engineer of 5.7yrs
IELTS: L L,R,S,W - 6.5,7,7,7

I guess this much info is all, else let me know.

And also let me know which Skills Application Type to select for ACS - Skills or RPL ?

Thanks guys.
Mate you have degree in Mechanical and experience in Software if ACS assess your degree as nit relevant to your experience you will not be able to claim points for your experience.

Since you will not get points for IELTS too. It would be difficult to score 60 points which are required to lodge a visa.

For Age if under 32 = 30 Points
Qualification = 15
Experience = 0
IELTS = 0

Other options

Partner Points
NAATI
State Sponsorship

You best bet will be to improve on IELTS and look for state sponsorship. You have less points in listening which you can easily improve on.

Reactions: handsyraj

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Unfortunately, due to non-ICT qualification, you would require to go through the ACS-RPL route. But, that needs at least 6 years of experience. So, at least as of now, you are not eligible to apply to ACS. If you do, your assessment will come back negative. Wait until you complete 6 years of work experience and then go for the assessment.

Even after that, you do not seem to meet the minimum required points for skilled immigration visas:

IELTS: 0 points
Education: 15 points (get it assessed from another assessor)
Work experience: 0 points (as all 6 years would be deducted to reach the skill-met-date).
Total: 40 points.

Your options are:
1- Try and get a good score in IELTS/ PTE. You need 8+ in all modules to claim 20 points for English.
2- If your partner can be assessed positively in any skilled occupation from CSOL, get that done to claim 5 more points. Try and improve your English score to 7+ which would give you 10 points, and opt for the 190 state nominated visa (state helps you with 5 points) thus making your score as 60.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts