Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following:

Me (British Citizen) and my fiancée (American Citizen) are planning to get Married in late 2010. I plan to go over there for the Marriage but we want to live in the UK.

Should I go over on the VWP or on a fiance visa???

If I did go on the VWP would I have to tell the immigration officers on arrival that im planning to get married on my trip (I do not intend to stay in the U.S. just marry there and then return to the UK as a married couple)

On doing this I understand my fiancée would need a Spouse's Visa to join me in the UK, how long would this take as we dont want to be married and then have to live apart for the whole process of a Spouse's Visa.
Could she return with me straight away after the marriage and then start the process of a Spouse's Visa in the UK??

Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Marriage visa for UK normally takes 10-12 weeks to process, so you will have to live apart for a while waiting for the visa to come through. Applying for this visa is a major undertaking, as you need to collect evidence to show, among other things, the genuineness of your relationship and marriage intentions, sound finance, suitable accommodation etc. There are several threads on this forum where people have shared their experience of applying for settlement visa. Also you need to save up, as visa costs almost $1000 in fees.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.