Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I was just wondering, do you guys think that I need a job offer in Dubai before moving?

We are currently still in the UK.. I am a project manager in the field of education and environment. I have applied to various jobs but still no luck.... I have a degree and 15 years work experience in high level roles in London.

I was thinking of moving in early September and trying to find a job whilst im based in Dubai.

Does anyone have any experience of this?
Would you recommend me to do this?
Does anyone know if I can rent an apartment on a monthly basis?

Thanks very much... I just cant decide what to do

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
There are pros and cons for job searching whether to be in or out of country. The decision on that is really down to you - can you afford the time and cost of being out here looking for a position or do you need to continue earning whilst searching? It is a fairly expensive thing to do what with flights, accommodation, transport, communications, feeding yourself.

As for apartments, well you would be eligible to rent a hotel apartment, same as a hotel room but bigger and expected to be more long-term (multi-week) rather than daily. Pricing will fluctuate dramatically depending upon location, calendar, quality - and don't forget to include the Dubai Traveller tax (approx AED 10 ppn).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts