Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am planning to move to sydney alone for the time being and later move my GF to sydney after finding a getting job.

For my initial stay after landing can someone suggest good and safe places to stay for about a weeks time?

What is the best way to transport from Sydney Airport to the accomodation (cabs / buses / tube ) ?

Also can someone suggest suburbs suitable for Indian community ? Considering indian grossory stores nearby ?

Thanks in advance,
Deep

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Deep:

I assume you have a visa that allows work in Sydney.

For an initial place to stay I would recommend Parramatta or Harris Park, they have train lines from which you can commute to your job. They also have a good selection of Indian groceries and restaurants.

Good luck :)

Hi,

I am planning to move to sydney alone for the time being and later move my GF to sydney after finding a getting job.

For my initial stay after landing can someone suggest good and safe places to stay for about a weeks time?

What is the best way to transport from Sydney Airport to the accomodation (cabs / buses / tube ) ?

Also can someone suggest suburbs suitable for Indian community ? Considering indian grossory stores nearby ?

Thanks in advance,
Deep

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information.

Is are these suburbs -> "Parramatta or Harris Park" ?

can I get here after as soon as I come out of the airport ?

kindly let me know how long it does take to get here in taxi / tube ?
Should I book a taxi / use the tube ?

Can I find shared accomodation here or hotels ?

Is it better to get here and look for a hotel in "Parramatta or Harris Park" as soon as we land or should I book something in advance .... like an temp room online for a weeks stay ?

kindly help! Sorry if I have asked too many questions.

Thanks in advance.
Deep

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yes, both are on a train line so you can reach it by train from the airport.
See 131500.info for timetables and maps. Choose based on how much luggage you have because you will probably need to change platforms at Central station.

For shared accomodation you might have to start out at a hostel or backpackers hotel. It is better to arrange things before you get here otherwise your only choice will be hotels.

Thanks for the information.

Is are these suburbs -> "Parramatta or Harris Park" ?

can I get here after as soon as I come out of the airport ?

kindly let me know how long it does take to get here in taxi / tube ?
Should I book a taxi / use the tube ?

Can I find shared accomodation here or hotels ?

Is it better to get here and look for a hotel in "Parramatta or Harris Park" as soon as we land or should I book something in advance .... like an temp room online for a weeks stay ?

kindly help! Sorry if I have asked too many questions.

Thanks in advance.
Deep

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Aslam...How are u doing? ... Even I need to go to AUS before 24-Apr...Which city should I go to?Where is the possibility of finding a job better?..How do I look for accommodation from here itself before I start?Pls advise and help...

Gopal

Yes, both are on a train line so you can reach it by train from the airport.
See 131500.info for timetables and maps. Choose based on how much luggage you have because you will probably need to change platforms at Central station.

For shared accomodation you might have to start out at a hostel or backpackers hotel. It is better to arrange things before you get here otherwise your only choice will be hotels.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
What is your visa? State Sponsored? Which State?

What is your occupation?

realestate.com.au

Hi Aslam...How are u doing? ... Even I need to go to AUS before 24-Apr...Which city should I go to?Where is the possibility of finding a job better?..How do I look for accommodation from here itself before I start?Pls advise and help...

Gopal

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hey Aslam....My Visa is PR visa...
I don't know what u mean by which state?
Can't I stay anywhere I like?
My occupation is Computer professional...
Aslam...Where are u from and how did u search for an AUS job? Did u quit ur job in your home country? Pls guide..
Gopal

What is your visa? State Sponsored? Which State?

What is your occupation?

realestate.com.au

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
If it's a 175 PR then you can stay in any state, but I can only give some info about where to stay if you are going to Sydney (as I know those suburbs well).

If you are on 176 Visa you have to stay in the State that sponsored you.

Computer Professional can be anything, but you should concentrate on the Sydney and Melbourne CBDs.

Concentrate your search on train timetables that get you to the main station in a city in 1 hour or less. Then decide which suburbs you want to look at, then look at realestate.com.au for rentals for those areas.

Finally you probably like some kinds of shops, why not Google search for those shops and see what suburbs they are in, there is usually a local population that supports that shop in staying in business.

Where I am from? Good question, several places, I like to keep people guessing :D

I didn't quit my job, I came on a company transfer initially on a 457, then it became a PR 856, and finally AU Citizen. You could say I'm from AU, but you know I'm not 100% from AU.

Anj knows, but will she tell? Hmmmmm ;)

Hey Aslam....My Visa is PR visa...
I don't know what u mean by which state?
Can't I stay anywhere I like?
My occupation is Computer professional...
Aslam...Where are u from and how did u search for an AUS job? Did u quit ur job in your home country? Pls guide..
Gopal

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need a place for initial stay in Sydney

Hi Folks

I am Saqib Ahmed will be reaching Sydney on Feb 04, 2011.... Need a place to stay preferably in Sharing with Pakistanis or Indians... have got 175 Visa and am IT Professional

Can you guys help me ion finding a place or connect me to someone who can.........

Thanks in advance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts