Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was previously on a Tier 5 YMS visa and submitted an application to switch to an unmarried partner visa on 1 Dec 2017.

I have just received a letter from the Home Office requesting further cohabitation evidence for the period between Dec 2015 - May 2016. I am surprised as I thought the cohabitation evidence I submitted originally was straightforward.

Has anyone else experienced this and have any advice? Would really appreciate any as I need to submit further evidence ASAP.

For reference, the cohabitation docs I originally submitted and the wording from the Home Office letter requesting further evidence features below.

Joint tenancy agreement – Dec 2015
Applicant bank statement – Nov/Dec 2015
Sponsor bank statement – March 2016
Applicant bank letter – June 2016
Sponsor bank statement – Sep 2016
Joint bank statement – Jan 2017
Joint council tax bill – Jan 2017
Joint council tax bill – March 2017
Joint bank statement – April 2017
Joint bank statement – July 2017
Joint utilities letter – Nov 2017

Exact wording of the Home office letter below.

"Further documentary evidence to show that you have been cohabiting with your partner from December 2015 to May 2016 for yourself and from December 2015 to May 2016 for your partner, or addressed jointly to both of you. Please see attached Guidance Note for information on the type of evidence required."

* The Guidance Note is the same as FLR(M) application form (3 docs per year from different official sources, examples of acceptable items is the same, spread evenly etc.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Do you mind clarifying?

I'm confused as I thought you need at least 3 sources for the entire period you are relying on and didn't realise there was a rule to have at least 3 sources per each 6 months of evidence? In my case, I'm relying on 4 sources in total (tenancy agreement, bank statements, council tax, utilities letter) but there are only 2 sources during the period they have requested for further evidence (tenancy agreement and bank statement).

·
Super Moderator
17,988 Posts
I glanced at you post quickly and really only saw council tax and bank statements. We have always suggested 1 example each/joint as evenly spaced as possible so every 5 or 6 months. Perhaps something fell through the cracks and that is why they are asking for additional information. Send what you have for that period and anything additional covering that period.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yes, I am planning to just send every bit of "official" correspondence I can find during that period just to cover my bases.

When you mean "anything additional", do you mean I should also include any letters/documents that are not necessarily "official" or considered strong evidence just to be safe?

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
I might suggest also including a copy of the documents you'd already sent during that period and a note that the originals were sent with the application, just in case they were misplaced

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.